1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted myself as a lesbian, time for a glow up!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CactiCat, Mar 15, 2020.

1. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So after all this time, I finally accepted myself as a lesbian and I already feel way more confident and happy with who I am! It’s really cool what accepting yourself does to your self esteem. Anyway, I want to look confident to match how confident I feel, but I have no clue where to start. I’ve lived in leggings and baggy t shirts for 4 years so I don’t have any clue what I actually like to wear. So how do I figure that out? I’ve been trying to for a while but I really haven’t gotten any further than I’m not super masculine and I don’t like dresses. And I’m not into edgy clothes anymore. Also on a slightly unrelated note, do any of y’all have some self care tips? I’ve also been depressed for a while but I’m doing much better and I’m kinda lost on where to start with all of that.

2. Maddog2017

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure about the style bit, but here are some self care tips that work for me:

Go to sleep at the same time every night, eat foods like carrots, salmon, dark chocolate, etc. to reduce stress, if it's difficult to remember to drink enough water, drink tea instead.

3. Kate 47

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For self care, if you're not sure what works for you, I recommend trying everything and anything. Make a list of things that other people suggest or that other people do, and plan to try them all out. A long bath with relaxing music, a yoga class, a zumba lesson, a salsa dancing session, trampolining, a day kayaking, a face mask, a spa day, swimming, gardening, long walk, flower arranging, reading, comedy podcasts, audio books, candy crush, crochet, knitting, painting, horseriding, singing....

Sometimes something that you don't expect turns out to be really relaxing or enjoyable.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As for styles my advice would just be to try some different looks and see what you feel most comfortable in.

5. Cind Ace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey CactiCat,

Wear whatever makes you comfy .Im femme les but i dont like to wear too girly stuff either but only for certain occasion thats all to dolled up lol. You can be as rugged as you want or. mix up a bit but make sure you are comfortable too.
    Tips for self-care: hydrate all the time, eat fish than greasy burgers, tea is good, have a morning routine of yoga its mentally meditating, spa days & gym and kickboxing never disappoints to shake off negativities or go for a swim or just lay down by the shore for a nap .

#5 Cind Ace, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  6. Aesthcore

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Of course, trying clothes out is a good way to directly figure out what you like.
    That could require expenses just to experiment, however, if you don't have much variety in your wardrobe as of right now.

Either way, that may very well be necessary to determine what you feel comfortable in as far as materials and personal body image goes; but if you want to pin down styles that visually appeal to you and that you may be interested in trying yourself, I recommend browsing through somewhere like Pinterest.
    You can either free go it, or you could search up specific keywords or aesthetics and then put 'fashion'/'clothes'/'outfit' at the end.
    If something catches your eye, think: Would you want to wear that outfit/style yourself? Could you envision it?
    If it interests you, then save it for later, and aim to try it out when you're able to!
    It overall may be trial and error, but that's the fun thing about experimentation.

As far as self-care tips go - As Kate said, feel free to try things out and see what works for you.
    But for specifics: watch a movie or try out a series you've had your eye on for a while.
    -Think about your happy place to relax you.
    -Watch funny or light-hearted videos! Animal videos included.
    -Settle down with a drink you enjoy, or try a new drink or food.
    -Look inspiring/positive quotes or messages, etc.
    -Eat well, and keep hydrated!
    -Good hygiene self-care. Take a shower or bath and play some music, brush your teeth so you feel clean and can relax, cleanse your face, etc.
    -Light a scented candle or other method of fragrance.
    -Look up things about an existing interest, or invest your time in a new interest and learning about it.

List goes on, but... I hope you find some things that work well for you!

7. Aesthcore

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh also, congratulations on coming out to yourself! Good job, and I'm very happy to hear it.