1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 'bottom shaming'/ 'sissy shaming' a thing?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Dreamsexul, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Dreamsexul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry to hear that. But why latch on to that particular aspect? You could just have easily hated men or humans or a particular ethnicity or something. I suspect some sort of trauma, and for that you have my sincere sympathy. I'm sorry life hasn't been kind to you.

I really hope that at some point you're able to move past this, to accept who and what you are without pain, and to find the joy that comes from love, sex and romance - even if not with a human.

2. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Here's the part that nobody understands: He utilized his homosexuality to make my life a living hell. And because of that, I resent it.

3. Dreamsexul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, gotcha. I guessed at something like that. I sympathise.
    Without wishing to say things everyone else has already said, do you think it might be possible you can get some sort of therapy or help with it? I feel genuinely sorry for you, and I know there's nothing much that can likely be done to totally remove the hurt and pain.

Again, I hope that maybe one day you can learn to accept yourself for what and who you are, and find some way, whether it ever involves any other human or not, to experience the joy of love and sex. Or, failing that,then I hope you get your wish to be made chemically asexual and experience relief that way. Or, if it ever becomes possible, to become straight or some other sexuality that isn't connected to so much pain for you. What we it takes to make you happy and satisfied with yourself.

4. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm already in therapy. My therapist is largely silent on the issue. In fact, she clams up whenever I start talking about my sexuality, at least for the most part. I've gotten no helpful discourse on how to properly process my feelings regarding my sexuality. She's good with other things, though, but human sexuality is not her strong point. And before you ask, I can't just "get another therapist." My therapist is basically state-appointed because I'm poor and can't afford anything else.

#24 Benway, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  5. Dreamsexul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you request another therapist?
    If not, you might need to do the best you can with what you have whilst trying to earn enough to get you out of that environment, if at all possible. It may be there is no help available and you're going to have to do it yourself, which is obviously going to be super hard. But I think you have what it takes to do that. I certainly wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of comfort.

6. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really want another therapist, I like my current therapist. She's done me a world of good in helping me out with a great number of things, but like I said, human sexuality just isn't her specialty. I went to an LGBT-oriented therapist years ago when I still had good health insurance but I didn't listen to much of what he said because I wasn't open to "talk therapy" at the time. I just wanted pills to fix my brain. He did say something to me that rang true, he said for me, just in my case, being gay was a fetish, you know, like a paraphilia? That really resonated with me for some reason. He was also a homosexual and he had a PhD. He's still around, but I can't see him anymore because he doesn't accept government health insurance.

Dreamsexul likes this.
  7. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hell yeah to that!

Dreamsexul likes this.
  8. Username18920

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought the same as well when I was younger, then I came to realize I like the role of a bottom with men but not being effeminate at all, I just like to please and enjoy my partners more than I expect stuff back, if that makes sense. I dont want some guy going all hairy chest and ordering me around, I like a mutual give and take and a kind person with either sex. And no one I ever knewnor met suspected I was gay, the looks on their faces when I come out with it! typical tall regular masculine guy here with a big secret. lol.

cjmiller likes this.