1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College students: is anyone else sad because they had to go home for quarantine?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anonmember, Mar 24, 2020.

1. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am very sad that I had to come home from College.

I just want to be with all of my College friends and be in my fun college clubs!

I had plans to hang out with friends and they were all cancelled! At least I have FaceTime so I can Facetime some of my College friends

I was really enjoying the Bible Study club at my college.

I won't name my college here because if by chance anyone I knew came on here and figured out who I was, that would be a disaster.

But this sucks!!!!!!!!!!

2. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wonder if the return of Jesus will be soon because of all the stuff that's happening in this world. I could care less. I'm ready for my king to take me.

Probably shouldn't have double posted, but I can't change it now.

If I could delete this and edit this post into the other post, I would.

#2 anonmember, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  3. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I am. This was my senior year and while I don't really care about the special senior stuff, I do care that now there are so many people that I left, didn't get a chance to say good bye to. It was great getting to make friends and be around some great professors so it just sucks that due to me living 4 hours from my College campus, I more than likely will never see them again.

4. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents live like 100 miles from my university anyway, so there wouldn't be any difference for me. I thankfully don't live on campus though, because we really screwed over everyone in the dorms. They were told to leave for 3 weeks for spring break but could come back, then they were told they aren't allowed to come back even to get their stuff, and now they've been thrown out of the dorms permanently because the semester ended (with no refund). They still can't even get their stuff either because they aren't allowed back on campus. So all their school stuff is just trapped in their inaccessible dorm for the next few months.

I do miss my friends and classes though. Especially the senior ones who I probably won't see again.

#4 Destin, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  5. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    On the flip side, I am at least going back in the fall. I will be so excited to go back!

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was thinking how I'd feel about this. If it's someone's senior year, it would be a sad way to close out the college experience. Those last few days of final exam stress, being in it together, looking forward to the real world, and exchanging contact information are hard to forget and I'd like for all students in college to experience that.

7. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was supposed to graduate in April, the change of pace really has been shocking.

Was set to start a new job in may, and was trying to find a new rental in that area. Unfortunately the job fell through due to covid, and I've had the same thing happen with a few interviews since :frowning2:

So yeah, unless something last minute happens I'll be back living with my parents soon :/ Not excited to go back to that town at all.

8. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely.

Whilst I care for my family, I would like to see my friends. To hang out; exchanging embarrassing stories, getting to know each other and telling silly jokes. Sure, I do that now online via direct messages but it's not really the same. I made a lot of personal progress in my second year socially and I finally feel as though I've found my footing. Even my crush started to talk to me more. If things continue this way, it looks like I might be turning twenty one in quarantine. Which isn't great.

On the plus side, when all of this settles down I'll probably have a belated birthday celebration. My summer job seems to have left the realm of possibility now. Still, I do what I can to make sure my get up and go doesn't get up and leave. The dreams I have about dating my crush just seem a little cruel right now. Oh well. I've taken up following exercise videos every so often which help my mood a little.

#8 Canterpiece, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  9. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went home even though I lived off campus (and will be living there in the future since I got a job in my college town), mainly so that I wasn't stuck in my dark apartment all alone. It's my last semester and my commencements got postponed indefinitely, all my classes are online, and my friends have all gone our separate ways. It sucks, since I was so used to seeing most of those people every day for really long stretches of time (computer science gives ya a ton of work to do). I've been having a really hard time with anxiety; dealing with any difficult information through text alone rather than conversations makes me feel awful. I kind of want to just deal with the stress of a pandemic, then go back to school. At this point I'd even take an extra semester, but I don't want to give up my job.