1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Life to its fullest. Aging with grace.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by TrevinMichael, Feb 26, 2020.

1. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some times I get down a little. I have been doing things that make me feel good. I am diabetic and well family members do not encourage me drinking soda pop. I am trying to drink more water and slip in a pop more sparingly. I have found myself eating more emotionally too in the last year.

I worked so hard at loosing 20 pounds only to gain 30 + back.

I will get out and exercise and limit the processed sugars.

I know I will get back on track, but I also know pampering myself is also needed.

TM

Jevrett likes this.
  2. Jevrett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    You seem to have a positive mental attitude, and that will help you through allot of things.I have been through quite a few gains and losses in weight. It can be frustrating. I have been currently trying to eat better again. Something that I heard someone say that clicked in my head was, Eat to Live don't Live to Eat. Another one is, Food is fuel. I put these phrases up in a few strategic places on note cards to remind myself. it has been helpful. I still reward myself with treats too. I love my Iced coffee.

3. 1cgd

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OMG, so true. My fiancé and I started dating almost a year ago and it seems like we’ve each gained about 5 pounds a month. We went from fit wolves on the prowl to fat middle aged chubs just like that! But we have definitely lived life to the fullest, eating and drinking and lying around and being happy. We have a wedding in the fall and both want to get back to how we were but we keep putting it off. Maybe it’ll be a big fat gay wedding?

Jevrett likes this.
  4. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for your post 1cgd that helped me feel a little better.

I do think this 8 months of winter can get anyone down. Okay maybe it is more like 7 months. Minnesota winter length based on temperatures.

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trevin.....I so understand... I started a diet three years ago. Due to health problems ( 20 surgeries -seven of them spinal surgeries) I worked with a doctor and planned for the weight loss to be slow and permanent. I did quit well at first dropping from 310 down to 240 over almost two years. Then I got hit with more health problems. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't lose weight and deal with my health. So I'm back up to 275 and I can get pretty down at times over the whole thing. It's difficult when you work so hard and still gain instead of lose weight. I have no intention of giving up...but there are days when I wonder if it worth it! I'm going to be stubborn and keep trying because I know that it will help me. You hang in there too...it's tough but the result is worth it!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: