1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting new Women

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Nicenic, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Nicenic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello,

I am newbie. Still figuring things out. My question is where do I meet women? Only to talk to (for now). I’m in my 30s and it’s hard to meet new people in general. I live in fairly small town. I have never had any contact with LGBTQ+ community. But I heard it is quite small here.
    I only have one close friend that identifies as a lesbian. I am not ready to come out to her about my new found feelings of sexual attraction. We became inseparable for almost a year. Long story short I fell for before I knew I liked women. She knew I had feelings for her before I ever realized. Things got weird and she cut me off for a while. We are back to being pretty close friends. I still feel a close connection with her but I don’t want anything romantic with her. Anyway she’s my only gay friend but I don’t want create weirdness between us.
    So back to why I’m posting this. What do you recommend on meeting bi or lesbian females that I can talk and band with?

BiGemini87 likes this.
  2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! :slight_smile: There are some dating sites I've found aimed at bisexual and lesbian women; not just dating, either. You can set your profile to "looking for friends". ######### is one of the better ones I've come across, since it doesn't expect you to pay to use the DM functions (and a lot of them do). ############### is another that's decent-ish. It might be tricky though; the smaller the town you're in, the harder it is to find what you're after.

#2 BiGemini87, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2020
    Nicenic likes this.
  3. Nicenic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    BiWriter87,
    I tried to message you but it’s blocked. Just was trying to get the names of the sites you recommended. Anyway thanks for trying. Have a good night

BiGemini87 likes this.
  4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're more than welcome to discuss dating sites in the general sense, but we do not allow users to mention specific sites.

Also, @Nicenic, PMs are only available to Full Members. Once you have made 50 posts and have been a member for at least 2 weeks, you may apply for Full Membership.

5. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, darn. My bad. ^^; Best of luck, Nicenic.

6. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried looking for local or local-ish groups? Even if they’re for just for women (e.g. a woman’s running group), rather than specifically LGBT.

Try searching meetup or googling it. There’s one near me and it’s fairly low-profile. Nobody would know you’re a member unless they’re also a member.

Also, are there any Pride or other LGBT events near you? Slightly harder as you’re going to have to brave about going up to strangers and starting a conversation.

When you’re ready, it might be an idea to ask your friend for recommendations. She might know of something.

Nicenic and BiGemini87 like this.
  7. lovewine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is moving something you can consider?