1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sister talking about heterosexual sex

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AppleFinch, Dec 21, 2019.

1. AppleFinch

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone! Wondering if anybody can relate: I'm lesbian, and it kind of bothers me to listen to my sister talk about sex with her new boyfriend. She gives some fairly graphic details. The truth is that hearing about the specifics of heterosexual sex tends to make me squirm a little bit. Do you think I should say something or just kind of ... deal? I don't want to seem like a bitch.

2. LostSeto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just say "you can spear the details" doesn't have to have anything to do with being lesbian just to say "eww lol tmi"

I had to tell a friend this when she got a new boyfriend and would text me after thed had sex. She stopped after I showed it was grossing me out

3. cjmiller

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree with @LostSeto ... just tell her she don't need to share all the graphic details

4. CharacterStudy

Yell "TMI" whilst stick your fingers in your ears. I don't think *anyone* wants to hear about their sibling's sex life, whoever it's with.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  5. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much with everyone else. Going into vivid detail is way over the TMI line.

6. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I think you should say something. It shows a lack of respect for you if she's casually talking about her sex life in front of you. It's not that you're a lesbian and you don't like hearing details about straight sex, it's because she's your sister and you don't need details about what she gets up to with her boyfriend.

Maybe some siblings do feel comfortable sharing intimate details with each other, but if that's not what you want then she should respect your feelings.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  7. Kmermaid00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sharing details does not bother me but since you are uncomfortable you should say so.

8. Loves books

Luckily my sister spares me from knowing if she even has sex which I’m sure she is, but I would tell her if she went in to details and I didn’t want to hear it. Actually I’d be petty and fabricate intensely detailed imaginary sexual experiences and keep regaling her with those until she got the hint. But that’s childish. Just be honest with her and ask her to leave out the details, no one needs to know the details of their siblings sex life.