1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Iranian students refused to trample the US and Israeli flags

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Vega222, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    While the western media is full of mullahs' apologists that always have been tried to make the world think Iranians support the terrorist Islamist regime in Iran, It seems we are going to send our words to the world. Noone in Iran hates the West and its achievements.

Those a few who trample the flags in the video are not regular students! They are Basijis (Mullahs' thugs) and other students call them "The men without honour" in the video.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-m...ents-refuse-to-walk-over-us-and-israeli-flags

2. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Saying nobody hates West there is a bit presumptious. From what I've read, most of them are quite pissed about what happened. However, at least they know somebody has to be the mature one here.

3. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nobody supports that kind of hatred that the ruling mullahs do! Like burning or trampling flags.
    I just meant people of Iran are very friendly.

I live in Iran and I think Iranians are the most liberal people in the middle east besides Lebanon (after Israel).

Also, there is no division about the Islamic regime in Iran. The absolute majority want a secular democracy.

#3 Vega222, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  4. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't mean any offense, I really don't, but you live in Iran? I didn't even know they had the internet in Iran. The media here in the US makes it looks like you guys all live in tents in the desert and that only your government officials have apartment buildings. I'm just fascinated that I'm talking to someone from Iran because my Dad's always going on and on about how they're the North Korea of the Middle East because of how closed off they are and how secretive they are. I really don't mean any offense, like I said I'm fascinated (and frankly relieved) to know that people in Iran have access to the internet and I'm assuming other basic amenities.

5. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

You might want to check this video out (and later show it to your dad), I personally think travelling should be a mandatory part of education and that everyone should at least do one year abroad, because medias/rumors are what lead to people supporting senseless wars and conflicts (not saying it's your case).

Countries that people are often scared of are countries with the most interesting histories, buildings and cultures.

6. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Interesting, I didn't even know it was possible to get into Iran. I heard all those stories on the news about people hiking through Iraq and accidentally wandering into Iran and never being heard from again. This video clearly shows Iran has a bustling tourism industry, something I was totally unaware of, I guess because all I watch is mainstream media, as my father would say. Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing that with me.

7. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know anybody in the U.S. who supports the current Islamic government in Iran.

8. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It wasn't offensive, but thanks.
    You are partly wrong about Iran. Iranians have been suffering from a "totalitarian religious dictatorship" since 1979. Ruling clerics use "death to America/Israel" policy to oppress people. They use "forced hijab" to oppress women. They don't believe in "nation" concept, But "Ummah (Muslim people of the world)". They are enemies of culture and don't allow people to dance or celebrate. So, we have a very bad regime, they kill people, including 1500 protestor 2 months ago, and destroyed anything they can, including our historic sites and water resources.
    But the people are mostly secular and liberal. Mosques are almost empty. Twitter is dominated by liberals who are mostly ex-Muslims.
    Iran is another name for Persia.

#8 Vega222, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  9. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I liked your idea very much.

About the video, The people are friendly and the country has a rich history. But, they are not happy with their lives as the video shows. Also, they force tourists to have hijab too. No alcoholic drinks are allowed (But maybe you can drink secretly). We have an oppressive government that doesn't let people have fun in general. They don't allow people to dance, sing, celebrate and things like that. It's literally a gender apartheid for women.
    But people are going to overthrow it. The absolute majority don't like these weird government.
    We will have a revolution and the women's rule will be very big.

#9 Vega222, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  10. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The original utility box that Vida Movahed and other protesters stood on top of, located in the Enghelab–Vesal Junction in Tehran. It has since been altered by the government to prevent protesters from standing on its top.

11. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I use VPNs to access this website.
    Two months ago when there were mass protests in a few hundred cities, They shut the internet down completely for several days. And they killed many people, According to Reuters' report they killed about 1500 people. They killed 1500 innocent people in only 3 days or so.
    They simply shot people in their head. They don't care if it's a walker or a peaceful protester. They just gun people down to make them fear. Countless videos show they shot people.
    They shut the Internet down for preventing the world to see what happens here.

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think we can all celebrate increasing moves towards liberalism, democracy and secularisation in Iran without brushing under the carpet that many of the same people happily chant 'Death to America' and 'Death to Israel' in public.

There can be complexity, mixed meanings and even a ritualisation of hateful rhetoric, so that someone can shout something deeply violent without feeling anything hateful in it. But not everyone shares your liberalism and support for the regime genuinely exists.

I would dearly love to visit Iran for its history, culture and the natural and human beauty of the country. I do not want to do that at the risk of becoming a political hostage, solely because of my citizenship. That fear is not out of prejudice - it is a calculated aversion to risk that most people have.

13. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No. No need to legitimatize it. These inhumane ideas and slogans have destroyed Iran and can't be legitimatized. And you're wrong, cause no one here says "Death to America" Unless he is a Basiji.

Let me explain: Anti-western ideas are literally dead in Iran. We new generations of Iranians like west and hate political Islam. During the massive protests in hundreds of the cities in 2019 November, You can't see a single slogan against the US sanctions, Israel and west.

If you see "people" in Iran burn US flags or say Death to America, You should know that they are Basijis (mullahs' thugs). Ordinary people can't come to the street easily at all. They will be shot in the head. As they killed 1500 innocent people in just maybe 3 or 5 days in November.
    They use all the things they have to gather kids on schools, office clerks either by force or not, and of course their thugs, and sell it as their popularity! It's not a surprise if a totalitarian regime has 10-20% of the people to support it with the help of propaganda. But even under the censorship, the absolute majority is for a secular democracy with a good relation with the west.

Polls are illegal in Iran! This good poll was done before the November protests and the Ukrainian plane shooting. Now their popularity is much less I am sure.

I know many people in some of the Islamic countries hate America, But Iran is not one of them.

About the hostages, We feel like we're hostages too. They took 80 million Iranians as hostages.

14. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually, most Iranians hold positive views of the US. It makes me mad that our leaders, the media, and God knows who else with vested interests is pushing for us to fight when your average person has little to no desire, and with even less to gain from doing so.

They have every right to hate us for some of the things we've put them through, but thankfully most are able to distinguish the two.