1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm in Love With my Best Friend... help?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by autophile, Jan 25, 2020.

1. autophile

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello there!

I'm in a tough situation a the moment and I was hoping that I could get some input from fellow members of the LGBTQ+ community.
    Here is a little bit of context. One of my best friends of 14 years and I have always had a unique relationship that I don't have with any of my other friends. I've always been so taken with her since we were very little and then when we were both 13 (this is before I was really aware and accepting of my sexuality) we started to have this romantic relationship. One day at school, when things had been beginning to spark for some time, I remember seeing her face lit up by the sun and hearing her laughing, and without a second thought, I kissed her. For the next year, we had this cute secret middle school relationship, until we decided we were better as friends.
    She has a very religious family, and they are not accepting of anything to do with LGBT, and in the past, my friend, though secretly, was still accepting of herself and her bisexuality and we spoke about it often.
    Now we are 20 and every time I see her or think of her or hear her voice, I feel everything and all I want is to be with her.
    Now, HERE is the big issue. I don't know what happened, but suddenly she has completely changed and she now goes along with her family in that she believes that her bisexuality is something that is not natural and that she must not act on ever and I am heartbroken.
    If anyone has any input, I would be so appreciative, or if you are going through something similar, feel free to share it here so that we can help each other out. :slight_smile:

Thank you and have a lovely day!

2. Wendyo23

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Dear Op I wish I could offer advice and tell you what to do all I can do is offer a hug. I think the closet thing I can say is someone in my life said Bisexual should be forced to choose but that's not the correct phrasing. I Really wish I knew what to do.

MBM4K54 likes this.
  3. Ashley01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Maybe patience will pay off for you as you might find someone better suited for you and your values. I was raised in a super religious family and was extremely shielded. As a result, I didn't even realize that I was meant to be a female. I was told I was male and believed it. However, maybe signs were there. Once in high school, I wore a dress to school. Through an odd turn of events my mom got wind of it and came to school and pulled me out. Its was too bad cuz it was a cute dress that belonged to one of my friends that got thrown in the trash. I liked the experience though. I just thought the feeling was a fun, passing thing and the the thought of being trans never occurred to me. My family had me fully brainwashed. As time has passed I have finally embraced my sexuality and I am fully transitioning, on females hormones, etc. I love being a girl!
    Your friend may even come around and find she actually is attracted to you. I was brainwashed and finally have broken free. Maybe she will have the same experience. If that doesn't happen, I hope you find someone soon.
    Good luck xD!