1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else watch The L Word Gen Q?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kyrielles, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone? Lol.

2. FreeGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just started it! I was so excited that they were picking it up again! It's super hot haha. There are only 7 episodes right? Do you think it will be picked up again?

3. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! I was excited too. And sadly yeah, only 7, the final episode is Sunday. It has been renewed for season 2 and I think season 2 is gonna have more episodes..

4. FreeGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, that's awesome it got renewed!

5. FreeGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I miss Dana though!

6. Chaosbi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it any good? I've gone back and forward about watching it.

7. FreeGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like it so far. As a right leaning LGBT person (gasp, I know) I am finding the political stuff quite irritating, to put it mildly. But I am willing to put up with it in this case :slight_smile: Also, the ease with which everyone meets each other and makes lesbian friends and develops relationships and all the lesbians know each other and go to the same events is kinda annoying. Like, I get that it's necessary to have the characters interact, but in real life I know so few lesbians and have not had much luck meeting any for dating, so I feel like it's kinda unbelievable. But watching the original L Word was a big part of my coming out to myself experience, it was some of the first lesbian media I saw, so I guess it has a special place in my heart no matter how bad it is hahaha. It's nice to have the characters back, too, and not have to deal with Jenny--ugh she was so annoying!!!

8. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me too! Dana was one of my favorites, such sad episodes. I do like that she wasn't fully forgotten in the show though!

Personally I like it, and missed it when it was gone. Probably my favorite show that's on right now. And I love the new characters, can't wait to see what's to come.

9. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also agree with FreeGirl. It is pretty unbelievable and unrealistic from the lifestyle I know.. But I mean there's tons of lesbians. Lol. And some trans people and gay guys. It's basically a fabulous lesbian soap opera. Lol

10. Will S

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't seen it does it represent the LGBTQ community well?

11. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't really say for sure, but the show could do a better job of representing the community for sure. This new series has more trans characters, more as in only 2, more people of color, and only one gay guy that I've repeatedly seen. But the show is called the l word, it mostly revolves around the lesbian characters. I also like that they actually hired trans people to play trans characters. They could have had an all lgbtq cast though, that would have been awesome, but yeah. Lol. I'm sure you could check out some reviews online or give an episode a watch and see what you think.

12. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's funny because I would have thought exactly the same as you until I moved to the bay area (and a few other very queer oriented city) because most of the places I used to live at didn't have big LGBT community, let alone a big lesbian community so the L-word would have seemed very unrealistic, now I live in the queer capital I can honestly say that a lot of what's portrayed in the L-word is my life. In fact this season of the L-word was being shown every Sunday at the local lesbian bar (and other gay bars) and every single time I went there, there would be at least 50 lesbians showing up to watch it together. It's been really nice actually. There is a local lesbian bar (lesbian own) that attract all the lesbians here as well as a few other events that are always packed with gay people, mostly queer women actually, and so because those events are a regular thing and I go to most of them, I do tend to bump into a lot of the lesbians I know and so bumping into a girl I have been with/wanna be with or a girl I would rather avoid, is a common occurrence here and so in this sense the series is now more relatable to me as the drama that unfolds is similar to the drama I have seen unfold at some lesbian events haha, that being said, I wouldn't say it makes dating easier, it just makes the series more relatable to me because now I know for some lesbians it's actually a thing, though I still fully understand how this type of ''lesbian culture'' / experience is mostly reserved to people who are lucky enough to live in places with a massive queer scene which is not the case of many unfortunately.

I didn't like the original L-word, didn't find it relatable (Ah!) but find this one much more relatable and enjoyable to watch and I quite like it.
    The L-word has motivated me to go to Dinah shore this year though! haha see it's like the series too! :wink:

13. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wanna like your comment, but unfortunately there's not a like button. Lol

14. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha I appreciate your like despite the lack of ''like button'' :wink:

15. Loves books

I discovered my Sky box had it on demand until March. Since I had toenail removal and I’m not supposed to walk for 48 hours I watched the first six episodes. It was okay. They stuffed a lot different issues in to so little time. Every episode seemed to start and end with several sex scenes. I had to fast forward through them because I live at home and did not want to give my mother a heart attack while she kept checking on me. I liked the new characters a lot and enjoyed having some of the old ones back. I didnt think about how old until Shane turned 40 in the show. If they didn’t have the new younger characters it would be harder to relate to.They brushed over how Jenny died it was literally a line in one of the episodes. (So far, I haven’t seen episode 7) I’m glad it’s back since I didn’t know it existed until it ended previously but I do have the box sets.

16. Loves books

I learned today it’s eight episodes and I’m so glad there will be a season 2 because it ended in a cliffhanger and I hope that what I want to happen will be what happens.

17. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, had you not watched all the episodes? I can't wait until season 2, there's just such a lack of shows like this, it's sad. Lol

18. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah! I had stopped going to the gay bar to watch it so had only seen 3 episodes, but just used quarantine as an excuse to revisit it and argh, I don't know what to think, I loved it and I am looking forward to season 2, but also the whole Finley/Sophie situation irked me a bit. haha.

19. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Which character do you all identify with most, if any?

20. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude... Same, I kept thinking don't go there, don't go there... And they went there. Lol
    I don't really identify with any of the characters, maybe a mix of some of the characters, lol. How about you?