1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out twice and still confused...lonely, enjoyed touch, but feel something is missing?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by FreeGirl, Jan 23, 2020.

1. FreeGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My question is for bisexual women and lesbians! I am really confused about my sexuality and I was wondering if anyone can relate?

A little background: I came out as a lesbian about 4 years ago, I spent a lot of time thinking things through and waited until I felt pretty much absolutely certain before I told anyone, even though I had only dated men but I had always attractions to women that I hadn't been able to act on. After I came out it took me a couple of years to get confident with myself and my lesbian identity. Then after I finally did, I met a guy and was shocked to realize I had a crush on him. However, nothing happened between us. But I did have butterflies around him and for the first time in my life had sexual fantasies involving a guy. So I came out again as bisexual, but feeling kind of confused and stupid about it. After my feelings for that guy went away, I stopped thinking about men at all again and pretty much only felt excited about the possibility of meeting a woman. I have been trying to meet a woman but I guess I am not too good at online dating and it has been very difficult.

Here's my problem: recently, an acquaintance of mine (who does not know about my sexuality) offered to set me up with a friend of hers. He is a guy and we have been out twice, and last night we were making out kind of a lot. I am confused because of my reaction. I had not been with anyone physically in a long time (I had also had an illness earlier that prevented me from dating for about 7-8 years) and I was turned on by his touch. He was very experienced and knew better what to do than other guys. So I was like, wow, I should feel so lucky, he is trying to make me feel good and I do! However, when I would open my eyes I was always kinda disappointed that I was with a man and not a woman. He kept asking "what are you thinking about?" and "what do you want?" but what could I say? I want boobs?! hahaha The guy is a great guy, but we don't know each other very well and so I don't really feel like we have much of an emotional connection. I am not sure if I was disappointed because I just don't have romantic feelings yet, or maybe I am not attracted to him? Or maybe I am actually not attracted to men when it comes right down to it and just enjoy pleasure wherever I can get it since I have been so lonely (which is kinda sad)? I told him I didn't want to have sex right away but that I do eventually if things get serious, but in all honesty even though I enjoyed the making out in a physical sense I really still don't want the sex, and so I never have had sex with a man before (or with a woman, but that is solely due to lack of opportunity). And then I spent all this morning watching the L word and wishing I had a girlfriend and kind of hoping that guy and I wouldn't see each other again. So, what do you think: am I really bi? I don't know what it means that I can make out with a guy and be turned on but not really feel very much of a connection or want to go further and lose interest right afterwards. It seems like that always happens with every guy I have dated--it usually feels good to an extent for the first time or two, and then I lose interest, and I never want to go all the way. Is it just too soon and I am not giving it a chance? Or does it mean I really am a lesbian? Can I be a lesbian and enjoy something like that with a man, even for a while???? I feel like if I told him I thought I was gay, then or now, (and there actually was an opportunity) that he would laugh because honestly I did enjoy the stimulation and I had really been craving feeling wanted that way, and he knew I was enjoying it. But he would say things like "I can tell you want me" and I was thinking to myself, "not really but we can keep going cause it's kinda nice," but I think he really did mean it when he said he was enjoying it and wanted me. I felt like I was experiencing it not normally in some way, like something was missing still, and like I was just using him because it felt good...which is not something I ever want to do, and I feel bad about that. I was trying to just let go and be into it and enjoy it because I thought I could do it, but it still felt like I was enjoying it on a superficial level, if that makes sense? I didn't mean to do anything wrong at the time, I thought maybe this is what it should feel like to be straight, but now afterwards I just feel confused. I couldn't sleep all night.....

Sorry for the long post! I have already come out twice and I am getting sooooooo frustrated not knowing what I am!!!!!

2. MBM4K54

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My guess would be that you're bisexual. Bisexuals can fall pretty much anywhere between 0 and 7 on the Kinsey scale. I'm a bisexual man that's a 2 on the Kinsey scale which is closer to straight than gay. Again, I'm only guessing but you're probably a 5 or a 6 on the Kinsey scale which is closer to being lesbian. But we're both still 100% bisexual.

Wendyo23 likes this.
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey figuring these things out can be really tricky and nobody can truely tell you what you are, but at the same time I am sure we can help you figure it out.

What I would say is that regardless of the label you end up with, looking at this guy in particular I would say it doesnt really sound like you are that attracted / into him. To me it sounds like you feel like he is everything you should want but for whatever reason you dont really want it. As for the getting turned on, you are human and sexuality isnt as black and white as gay or straight or bi there is also everything on the scale in between. I also think when someone is giving you attention and making you feel wanted etc, it is going to feel good, even if it isnt the person you really want.

DOnt worry about long posts. Sometimes getting all your thoughts out helps, plus talking it though with others can also help you figure things out :slight_smile:. I did just want to add though, I dont think there is anything abnormal about you.

#3 silverhalo, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  4. Wendyo23

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Like silver said long posts are ok and like others said bisexuality has no clear definition. It's a confusing thing