1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not sure what to title this

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Jan 21, 2020.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so my kid’s dad is going through something because he has been going back and forth over the last couple months saying he can’t continue taking parental responsibility for our daughter to then being normal and himself again. He had this same wobble two days ago again which has just felt quite horrible. I realise that indicates he’s having a hard time with something. I’m trying to do all the things that one who cares about their kid and their ex might do. The morning with my daughter wasn’t that great today either, like she was in the absolute most terrible mood and nothing seemed to alleviate that. which put me in a horrible concerned state, but I’m coming back to reasoning things out right now.

I’m just kinda, I don’t have words right now. I’m just so so tired right now.

#1 baristajedi, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  2. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey @baristajedi -
    That's not much to go on, and is understandably worrisome. Do you think your kid's behavior is connected with her father's statements? Sometimes my kid's misbehavior is a reverberation of the tension between my wife and me, and sometimes it's just misbehavior.

I think you need more information. You don't have anything actionable.

Hugs!

baristajedi likes this.
  3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks sevn. I have some idea what’s happening with my kid’s dad but I’m struggling sometimes to deal with it because he’s not very good at opening up. He’s having a baby with his new partner and I think he’s in total panic and stress about it. But we aren’t able to talk a lot of the time because he’s very guarded sometimes. Yesterday I sent him a message saying I’m getting too exhausted to try please just be there for our daughter. That was after a lot of other messages about how we can work together and how much she needs him and me trying to reason things out with him. I told him we love you and need you. I told him I want him to feel good and well. After the last message I sent we met up for dinner, which is a good sign. So that feels like he is trying and wanting to try.

I think that he’s going through really hard feelings and sorting through shit in his own head. I suppose I just have to be strong for my kid and be ready for whatever comes. I’m just feeling a bit overwhelmed much of the time lately.

Oh and about her behaviour, I do think she’s picking up on his stress. I also think its related to her being out of sorts with her sleep routine. She’s been ok sort of since school went back after the holidays, but had a few bad nights in a row so we need to get her back on track.

#3 baristajedi, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  4. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OK, that totally makes sense. I'm not sure how to gently but firmly remind someone of the responsibilities as well as the opportunity with our offspring. Best wishes!