1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rewinding Time

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Nic2552, Dec 6, 2019.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes and I do. Yes I would fix it. And I do when I'm having a bad memory and/or flashback, my adult me comes to the aid of my teen me and protects him. Lol, boy there's been some real knock down drag out fights with people who have hurt my teen me.

What would it be? I protect my younger me. Why? Because I've been told by others who have been abused, this is one technique employed by therapist, to overcome abuse.

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Overall, I don’t think I would change anything significant. As others have said, I sometimes imagine how things could have been, but I find that I do so less over time. I wouldn’t want the knock on effects of many significant changes, so perhaps one or two small things, but nothing big.

Caraldo likes this.
  3. Railwayj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thats me EXACTLY!

4. Adz6

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There is only one moment I would like to go back to.
    I was about 20 years old. My friend (who I have a crush on) and I had been surfing all day, after our surf we went to the pub for a few beers. After the Beers he invited me back to his place to stay the night, as we were watching TV my mind was racing with thoughts, should I touch his leg, should I lean over and kiss him. I just couldn’t do it and I regret it to this day. If I had, I know my life would have taken a different route

5. Nic2552

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Did your friend like you? Did you find out later her was into ?

6. Adz6

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My friend is straight, I don’t think he would have returned advances

7. Ilomilo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha, ha .... such a good question. I'd go back into the past, and tell myself never go for a girl, dudes are better. Easier to maintain. But, there's no such thing is rewinding time, so ... I guess I am stuck with being gay. :grin:

8. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think that if I could rewind time, revert myself to my younger self knowing what I know now, I mean, I'd go back to 2002. I turned 15 in 2002 and it was just a really good year for me. All my family members were still alive and my brother hadn't turned into the viciously angry mess he would later become yet. I was in a small private high school which I loved going to and I want to say it was the year we moved in with my Mom's boyfriend. I had my own room for the first time in a long time and everything just felt cool. Would I do some things differently? Sure I would, but for the most part I'd be living out my halcyon days and I guess if I rewound time, I could do it over and over again. And if this hypothetical reality is like a videocassette, I can always keep rewinding it as long as the cosmic VCR it's in is plugged in.

9. olderwiser

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    NOW is where I want to be! I say that because of everything I had to go through to get where I am. So many mistakes and false starts that I had to overcome and correct to become the person I am now. Without all that diverse learning from those mistakes I would not be me. If I did not learn and prosper from my mistakes then I am just wasting my time. I can hardly wait for the next learning experience.

Adz6 likes this.