1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush Help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AlexCIT1, Jan 16, 2020.

1. AlexCIT1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I may or may not have a semi large crush on my friend and I'd love to ask them out but there is one slight problem. They just recently got dumped by their boyfriend and I don't think they like me in that way.... I really wanna ask them but I feel like that will go really bad... What do I do?

2. g013z

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suggest you wait a bit, let them recover and offer them your support as much as you can (unless they ask to be left alone of course). First thing first Look for hints, try flirting jokingly at first and see how it goes.

I have to be honest with you, I can't know how they will react, the only way to know is to try. You only live this one time after all, I'd say it's worth a try.

To give you a bit of my personal experience: I've confessed my feelings to a friend of mine years ago, it didn't go well and it was awkward for one year, we stopped talking to each other, but now we are back being good close friends.
    This summer another friend of mine told me she had a crush on me and now we are dating.
    It can either go very well or end up badly, it depends on how the both of you handle the situation.

That being said, if you have some serious feelings for your friend, I suggest you shoot your shot (whenever things are settled): I'd rather risk it all than hold it in for the rest of our relationship.

Good luck friend

AlexCIT1 likes this.