1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Girl expelled from private school due to rainbow shirt and birthday cake

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by LaurenSkye, Jan 14, 2020.

1. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    https://www.wave3.com/2020/01/14/ra...le-violation-student-expelled-private-school/

From the great state of Kensucky, a girl was expelled from a private school for a "lifestyle violation" after a social media post showed her wearing a rainbow shirt and having a rainbow cake for her birthday. The head of the school said the picture “demonstrates a posture of morality and cultural acceptance contrary to that of Whitefield Academy’s beliefs.”

2. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OMG, we have become morally and culturally accepting??? Everyone head for their nearest fallout bunker!
    Gotta love how they're basically saying "We can't have that kind of acceptance here. There's too much more hate-mongering to do".

#2 angeluscrzy, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  3. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kentucky is controlled by a majority of politicians who are religious, who do nothing beneficial for the state or citizens. They are simply in office to aide the companies they're paid off by (coal, utilities, etc) The states statisitcs on education, drug use, and cancer, among many other things are crazy. Hopefully the newly elected governer will recognize this, acknowledge it, and do something. This is ridiculous. I personally think alot of decisions like this are based on religion and people need to actually abide by the seperation of church and state which obviously doesn't even exist anymore. And definitely any decisions made by an employee serving the general public or a politician needs to be based off of religion. It's a failure.

And I truly feel sorry for the child. What does a message like this say to a child, what does this say to other children who see this and witnessed this? It's the wrong message that makes for sad confused people, makes for children who are being told at a young age it's not okay to be this way, you'll be punished and made a spectical. Talk about putting fear in a child, who then grows with it into adulthood. I definitely wouldn't allow my child (given I had one) attend that school.

I'm sure they'll ultimately get away with it though considering it's a private religious school. Still if I were the parent I would be infuriated.

4. Horus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am "old" man and have seen things change over the years. Yet many people think like they did back in the nd50's. Places like Kentucky in the South and rural areas are not exposed to new ideas as in urban areas. Unfortunately this little girl and boys too will suffer the isolation and guilt for many years. Children need to learn from adults and we should be out to them in a loving way by setting as examples to them to clear the poison created by ignorance and hate.