1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate each year of the 2010s and give your thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tritri, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ten years ago, someone posted a thread (here) asking everyone to rate each year of the 2000s decade on a scale 0 to 10. I'd like to do the same for this decade.
    And before anyone says, "the decade doesn't end for another year", that is only true if you count decades by ordinals (201st, 202nd, etc.), but we are counting by tens digit, so the 2010s decade ends this year.
    I'll start.
    2010- graduated from elementary school (6th grade) and started junior high. I was a bit of a bully though and I regret a lot of things I did. 7/10
    2011- 2nd semester 7th grade, 1st semester 8th grade. went to Colorado and became better person 7/10
    2012- 8th and 9th grade, 7/10 (not much to say here)
    2013- 9th and 10th grade, spent the 2nd half of the year trying to deny my sexuality, 6/10
    2014- 10th and 11th grade, came out to myself, did very well at my math competition, 9/10
    2015- 11th and 12th grade, became more aware about environmental issues (particularly global warming), did very well at state math contest again, 6/10
    2016- graduated high school and started college, went to Colombia, got really constipated, 6/10
    2017- freshman and sophomore year of college, started thinking more about politics (which was a mistake), 7/10
    2018- sophomore and junior years of college, got glasses and acid reflux. I also helped write questions for state math contest and made a close friend at college, 4/10
    2019- junior and senior years of college, close friend is horribly unreliable but I know he likes me. got scared at new moles showing up but the dermatologist says they are normal. I started hanging out with people more. 7/10

2. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can't measure each year, though I would say that 2017 was the worst, it started with my grandma dying in January, and ended with me being hit by a car in December and spending Christmas in the hospital. 2018 was pretty good.

3. Dreamsexul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The past year was good.

All the others were hell.

4. 0to21

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    2000-2014: numb/soaking up blame
    2014-present: new kind of hell

#4 0to21, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  5. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    WORST

2010, a living nightmare. A figure from my past came back to haunt me and I lost six months of my life to him and his mother. He is the evil one, the reason I hate my sexuality. The world would be a better place if he were dead, or better yet had he never been born. He tore apart my friendship with my best friend who I've not seen in over a decade now and he laughed while doing it. Those six months I lost, I remember them quite vividly. The nightmare that haunts me every day. It was June 26th, 2010 when it started and January 3rd, 2011 when it all ended. It's still the first thing I think about every day when I wake up. And even with all the medication I take and all the therapy I'm in, I still hope that maybe someday it will be the second thing.

BEST

2013, a great year for me, sadly not for my brother who broke up with his girlfriend early that year, but a great year for me, nonetheless. I was getting high a lot in 2013, back before chemical substances didn't make me freak out the way they do now. But I also lost my virginity to a nice girl in 2013, even if she was kind of psycho. I still think about her. I even miss her sometimes, late at night. I also traveled to New York without a parent by my side in 2013 and saw a Broadway play and a concert in the city. 2013 was a year I was sad to see go. I was high as a kite, drunk as a fish and I lost my virginity. I was in my prime and I'll remember 2013 for the rest of my life because I know it'll never come again.

6. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    2010-2015: I honestly can't remember.

2016/2017: The last half of 2016 was pretty shitty and that bled into most of 2017.
    >>2016: Not as "slutty" as it sounds, but tried to make gay/bi friends elsewhere and that really blew up in my face. Fell for a guy online who played me. Really wasn't in the place to be looking for love, and should have tried to make friends irl instead. A grandparent died.
    >>2017: Within the first two months my mom got terminally diagnosed and my last living grandparent died. Was literally the worst I've ever been mentally. Near the end of the year I come out large scale, actually made a few friends at school, and started dating. Was a very bittersweet time in my life.

2018: Finally graduated, got a job I loved, got another job I loathed, mom died, and totaled a car. Came out to my dad/brother/Mom's side. Surprisingly, while bad things happened, I wouldn't rank it nearly as badly as 2017 and wouldn't say the entire year as a whole was bad.

2019- Mostly bland, both in terms of good and bad.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here is my ranking of the 2010s from best to worst

1. 2016 - grew a lot that year. Got my first job where I worked for over 2 years. My dad and I both got new cars. My dad’s health got better. I finished high school in December of 2016. I got to take lots of fun trips and go to a lot of new places. It was fun.

2. 2018 - another year of lots of personal growth and lots of exciting new things. Got to meet a lot of new people.

3. 2011 - overall a good year.

4. 2019 - not too shabby. Just been busy.

5. 2014 - came out to family. Some good and bad times throughout the year.

6. 2015 - Lots of ups and downs. In January of 2015 I stitched to online school and that was fun. I also got to go to Portland Oregon in March 2015 which was fun. In April 2015 my dog, Sammy, passed away. He would have been 16 if he had just lived another month. In May 2015, we had some friends move down here and saw them get married. Also got to go to California in June right before they legalized gay marriage nationwide. Came out to some more friends. In August 2015, my dad has to have major surgery and was pretty much laid up for 3 months and that was not easy. In November 2015, he had the second surgery to “fix” his situation. I also got my drivers license and my first car that month.

7. 2010 - the first part of 2010 was tough. I was bullied at school a lot and needed to switch. The end of 2010 were the best months.

8. 2012 - some drama, wasn’t horrible though.

9. 2013 - finally admitted to myself that I was gay in July 2013 but I felt kind of lonely because I didn’t know too many other gay people and felt kind of alone. I was in junior high at the time too.

10. 2017 - I did not care for 2017. I fell out of touch with a lot of people. I was put into a lot of situations that I didn’t feel like I was ready for and most of all, I feel like I got forgot who I was. I rushed into college a little too early. I started in January 2017. It was a hard adjustment and I regretted starting so early. In May of 2017, I started having bad anxiety. In June of 2017, we had to move out of our house due to a major leak and didn’t move back in until the end of July. August and September 2017 were the only good months. In October of 2017, I started feeling empty inside and just kind of like I wasn’t going anywhere in life. November 2017 wasn’t that bad but it was kind of hot still. In December of 2017, I had the stomach flu and then I was still working in the food industry and I had to work for most of Christmas time. 2017 was definitely my least favorite.

8. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Andrew99- thanks for all the details. I like how you decided to rank them from best to worst as opposed to on an absolute scale.
    It's interesting how your worst year came after your best, and after that your second best.

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can barely remember what year different things happened in lol. But I think 2017 was generally okay. Everything else sucked.

10. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think as you get older they all start to blur together. It's been a good decade--lots of ups and downs but generally alright. My husband and I had an interesting conversation trying to break it out into years. We found that when we tried to do that it generally came down to trips and parties--lots of "was that the spring we went to Paris?" and "no, no that was the year they boarded up the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta and everyone else in our hotel flew home early"; lots of "that was the year we went to the White Party" or "wasn't that the year the Heart's Party was on the Pier?" We came up with several events that were well beyond the scope of the decade: "what about our 10th anniversary party?", well, that was obviously more than ten years ago, and "what about that winter where it seemed like no one, male or female, could strip to anything other than Amber's Sexual?"--well that was freakin' twenty years ago. One of the odder things was that the stuff that in retrospect I would think would have come up first emerged actually pretty late in the conversation. "No, that was the second trip to San Francisco, when we got married." "Oh right, we got married!" or "That trip wasn't too long after your Mother died--ohh, you're Mother died." "And your Mother." And your Father and my step-Father." In retrospect it's very strange that none of that came up first. Any way, it's been an eventful decade--hoping for good things from the next...

11. Joeri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Last two years 10/10, the rest between 3 and 5.