1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas gifts for partners

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by 1cgd, Dec 17, 2019.

1. 1cgd

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Those of who are partnered, how long have you been together and what are you getting him for Christmas?

We are 9 months together, 3 months living together, and I’m having a remote-start installed in his truck. He works a lot of late & overnights and complains non-stop how he never warms up after walking outside and sitting in his cold pickup as it warms up.

I have a couple other little things including some cute pajama bottoms and underwear, but that’s the big one.

How ‘bout you?

2. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We don't do Christmas or birthday presents. When we were married, our ex-wives led us both on a merry chase of "Oh, I really don't want anything", which could mean exactly what it sounded like, or "I am testing your love to see if you get me something despite my telling you not to". We set the ground rules very early on that we loved each other and were both gainfully employed and had simple tastes, and did not want the other to feel like he had to guess at what present we wanted. It's worked very nicely for nearly 5 years.

3. Chaosbi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We've been together for 13 years (Married since 2016). we said we'd only exchange a gift this year because we're going to Vegas 3 days after xmas. Honestly though, I got her 2 gifts. I got her a book that I think she would like so she could read it on the plane ride and two other books about stars and consolations since she loves to take the dogs out and look at the sky/stars every night. We live on the outskirts of town and there's not much light pollution so the night sky is beautiful. If I had the money I would fix the backyard the way she wants so she could sit out there all night if she wanted to but that's going to have to wait.

1cgd likes this.
  4. 1cgd

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I respect this 100% but so much for my fun thread lol

5. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL, guess you were expecting a little lighter of a response! Honestly though, we both tend to be very busy over the holidays (me especially), and it's wonderful to know that our gifts to each other are just appreciation for the love and care we have for each other. I can't imagine a gift I could give or receive that would mean more to me than just seeing his face when I come home, and knowing that we have such a beautiful role in each other's lives.