1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News IF YOU ARE LGBTQA+ & FROM USA PLEASE READ THIS!!!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Being Jess, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Being Jess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you are LGBTQA+, American and 18+ you must vote on November 6 2019. Our existence is at stake!

Read this article from May 24 2019 to remind yourself of what's at stake:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/24/us/politics/donald-trump-transgender-protections.html

It is time the leaders of the "free world" realize it is we the people who put them in power. Unfortunately I do not live in America nor am I an American citizen so I can't vote, though I can still do my part by spreading awareness of what is in store if we do not get Trump out of office.

If you are LGBTQA+ and American, then take your power back on 6th November 2019 and vote.

If you are not American then spread awareness on social platforms along with others doing the same. Remind those that can vote how they will be affected by the fascism that is going to kill America's democracy and constitution and move the "free world" in a direction that any free thinking human being on this planet could not possibly want.

If Trump believes that LGBTQA+ people have no rights then who is next?

LGBTQA+ lives matter though no one will fight for our rights if we aren't willing to fight for ourselves.

TAKE BACK YOUR POWER

AMANDLA
    Jess

2. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Despite the CONSTANT political talk and campaigning the presidential election is not until next year. Where I live there's only local mayor and city council (I plan to vote for the Independent candidate for mayor) and a couple of minor issues, mostly tax renewals which almost always pass. The big issue in the local races is the city budget and finances which have been a mess for years. Across the river in Kentucky is a heated Governors battle with the incumbent Republic running on a campaign of being supported by Trump.

3. Being Jess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

Thank you for clearing that up. I was wondering why there was such little news about it. Will have to post this again next year.

Would seem that the vote today is important though. Plenty of people making decisions that would affect LGBTQA+ lives...

4. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Depends on where you live.

5. Being Jess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you again for correcting me on my post. You are a real friend!

Lauren Skye... Oh my I think that is such a lovely name. You have mentioned it before. It is so wonderful to see you including it in your posts.

Such wonderful meanings behind the name Lauren: https://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/lauren/

and Skye: https://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/skye/

and of course Mike: https://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/mike/

Congratulations my wonderful friend. What lovely names.

xo
    Jess

6. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks, Jess. You're a really cool gal. I like that you're so positive and upbeat. The world needs more people like you.

7. Being Jess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You really know how to make a girl blush xo

8. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well yesterday’s election was big :slight_smile: I mean for it not to be a presidential or even a major gubernatorial election like last years. Kentucky got a Democratic Governor, so the very anti-lgbtq one who was in office (he once compares same sex marriage to parents marrying their kids) is out. But my favorite is Virginia flipping completely. This is the first time in a generation it’s been controlled by democratics and that’s promising for sure.

9. Being Jess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    he once compared same sex marriage to parents marrying their kids... WHAT THE FUCK, Oh my God how does that even make sense? That's like one plus one equals fish.

And a person with this kind of intelligence has been deemed fit to make decisions for everyone else? Well South Africa has a few of those, stupid for other reasons, though stupid none-the-less. I guess most countries do. Gone are the days of King Solomon.

Holy shit - I am so glad he is out.

Well done Kentucky!

And well done Virginia!

So maybe the current president is a necessary evil. Perhaps the darkness will help those in it create light.

One can only hope that the impeachment inquiry is successful or that next year the people of the United States of America rise up and take their power back.

I still don't think the pre-internet generation that use the same old tricks to blind the people from the truth realise the power we as the people have now.

I appreciate that right now we can talk on a forum about this topic and we are many voyager miles away from each other.

Age of Aquarius bitches!

10. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It is great to see the new governor in Kentucky, although the outgoing governor is still contesting the results since the margin was 0.36%. Kentucky does not have an automatic recount (many places do that for margins of less than 1%), so if he were to ask for a recount, his campaign must pay for it. One of the biggest factors in that election was the fact that the incumbent tried to totally screw over teachers. As the child of a teacher, myself, I can tell you, you don't mess with teachers. Many other statewide races in KY (Secretary of State, Attorney General,...) went strongly Republican, including several candidates endorsed by Trump. As Homer Simpson once said "Delaware, you're well aware, is as sucky as Kentucky."

11. Being Jess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have to be honest that my knowledge of US politics is not enough for me to provide any intelligent answer though what I can say is that one doesn't have to know how the Deathstar is run to know that Darth Vader was a villain of the dark side that had to be stopped.

12. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Are you familiar with the term "Drinking the Kool-Aid?" I think that needs to be replaced with the term "Reading Trumps Tweets."

#12 LaurenSkye, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  13. Being Jess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Could not agree with you more. Going to be interesting to see where the US China trade talks go and what happens with the impeachment. The guy is a moron and he needs to go back to whatever he was doing before he decided to send America back to the dark ages!

14. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    In an update to the tight Kentucky Governor's race, a "re-canvasing" was performed which meant that all of the machines were checked for possible errors and the number of votes each machine counted for each candidate was checked against the original count and came out with the same results, following that the Governor Bevin finally conceded to Democratic challenger Andy Beshear.

15. Being Jess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    D
    Deny, deny, deny, accept what was obviously a defeat in the first place. Seems to be the republican way - I guess they learned that from The Great Orange One.

16. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    While I disagree with Bevin's politics and am glad he lost, I don't think it was necessarily wrong of him to ask for the re-canvassing. In an election that saw approximately 1,500,000 votes cast, the difference was less than 5,000. Had there been error, it could possibly have skewed the results.

17. AutismCay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course I really think that that Governor should be kept away from kids. I mean why do homophobes continually compare homosexuality to baby banging. I mean secretly I think they all want to fuck kids?

18. AutismCay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry is that too unPC..? I'll have it deleted if it is?

19. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Matt Bevin recently pardoned a convicted child rapist after barely a year into his sentence. Bevin claimed there was not enough evidence to prove this guy's guilt and that "the victim's hymen was still in tact." Now this rapist is free with no criminal record and does not have to register as a sex offender. I wonder if Bevin is the type of guy who would let a sex offender become a teacher. After all, if he had been successful in screwing over teachers the way he wanted to, no qualified person would want to become a teacher. Bevin also pardoned a convicted murderer whose brother (or possibly sister, I don't remember exactly) hosted a fundraiser for him.

#19 LaurenSkye, Dec 21, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  20. Being Jess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people