1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School and family

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JackBoi06, Dec 13, 2019.

1. JackBoi06

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is pretty hard to come out to my friends and family. It is just...
    that i am always stressed about any LGBT topic. If it gets into my head, I stress for hours, thinking "Why can't I just be normal?" And I am still not through the messy part with the parents. And also, if someone says that I should contact them, the site says you cannot start a coversation with gfnbtid. PLEASE HELP. Bye!

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As for your contacting question - only full members can private message. New/regular members such as yourself can only wall message other members, so make sure you aren't trying to PM somebody (staff members are the exception)! Only wall message :slight_smile:

I also vaguely remember something about needing a certain number of posts (I wanna say 10?) to ensure that your new(?) account isn't mistaken as a spam account. (I easily could have gotten the second paragraph wrong, I just remember something somewhere along those lines).

3. Regaen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out is never easy, and it gets harder when it's something you have to explain. In my case, I'm asexual and androgynous, and I was born female. Explaining to my mother I was asexual was easy- she actually said 'thank goodness, at least I know you won't be pregnant at fifteen like your sister!' That was good. Priceless, actually. My father however doesn't think my sexuality is even valid, but I came to realize, my sex life is none of my dad's concern, and I don't like him much anyway, so I didn't really care.

My androgyny was a bit different. Mom didn't really get it, she still doesn't know the difference between an androgynous person and a tomboy, but whatever makes me happy is fine with her.

Dad...I didn't even bother.

My siblings were a mixed bag.

The same is true of most things. Some people are going to be accepting. Some aren't. In the end though, this is your life, your decision. Of course if there's the possibility of them not taking it well, I advise you to have a proper exit strategy. I know too many LGBT+ kids that told their parents and were thrown out, on the streets. I used to volunteer giving out pamphlets and the like about resources.