1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out a year ago

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jenniferf, Dec 12, 2019.

1. jenniferf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out as bigender a year ago was the right choice for me.It was finally time I had to do it.Growing up discovering myself was tough,my bio parents were mean and cruel to me.They died when I was 12 and put in a foster home,their families didn't want a thing to do with me.When my real parents adopted me when I was 13,that is when I could discover myself.I realized loved dressing as the opposite gender,started with crossdressing at first.It was in September of 2018,thought my life over and realized I was bigender doing my research.Two weeks after thinking it over very well,I decided to come out finally and it was time to do it.First was to my wife,18 year old son(now 19),15 and 12 year old daughters (now 16 and 13).My wife's decision was easy,stay with me.I made a video put on DVD I made and they watched it.My wife,son and 2 daughters learned I lived with a longtime secret I couldn't hold on to this anymore.Next was my 21 year old son from a previous relationship.It was hard for him at first,I gave him time to think about it and he realized I was living a life being unhappy.Finally to my family,all knew I grew up a hard life.Accepted it and knew I was going to be happy finally in my life.My customers had to know too,I own an auto repair shop.Some knew I was hurting inside and was going to begin a better life as my true self.The customers that didn't know,they did adjust to the changes and saw I was the same owner much happier.Then becoming Jennifer,first thing that went was my male wardrobe.I was glad I got rid of it.Next was getting my hair done and new glasses getting feminine ones.Make up done too and the most best part was seeing Jennifer in the mirror with a smile on my face.Wife was beside me seeing it.Changes have been good and not going back as my old side.

Drizzle, LaurenSkye and Dreamsexul like this.
  2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on the one year anniversary! And welcome to EC.

It is great to hear your family support through this.

What helped your son through his initial difficulty with this, besides just time to let it sink in?

3. cjmiller

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats on your coming out anniversary.

4. Jacqui H

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds great Jennerferf. It is amazing how much happier one can be. I hope your path continues.

Warmly,
    Jacqui

5. jenniferf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He thought about it and knew I was hurting inside.He realized I am finally happy

6. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yay for you! My biggest fear at this point is not the actual coming out as genderqueer, or whether my family would support me (I truly believe that my immediate family would support ME, regardless of their overall views on the matter), the fear is trying to explain to them what genderqueer is and who/what I am.