1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any vegans?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by I'mStillStanding, Dec 6, 2019.

1. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are there any vegans here?

I switched to a plant based diet two months ago, for years I’ve felt we were eating way to much meat and animal by products and been pushing that a few days a week we should be doing vegan to kinda give our bodies breaks. I finally decided to just take the plunge and go completely there. It’s not been hard at all like everyone said it would be lol but I’m curious if anyone here is plant based?

*the only exception is honey! Don’t judge me... allergies are horrible and eating local honey helps so much and there’s so many health benefits to honey and I love working in bees... I may give it up one day but today isn’t the day!

2. 0to21

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm vegan for a substantial portion of the time... I do my best (so I'm not strict enough to 'judge' you about the honey.)

I agree that it's not as hard as some people assume it is, but I'm biased because I grew up pescatarian, and sometimes dairy-free. So I'm used to dismissing the need to consider things such as dairy as a diet staple (which it is very far from.) I'm at the point where if I imagined eating meat, I know I'd be hyper-aware of the fact that it's actual *flesh*, and feel as uncomfortable about it as though it was cannibalism (as I'm so used to not even considering it as an option.)

#2 0to21, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  3. Ryu

Ryu

I was vegan for about 8 months from last November after a school trip where I was dared as a joke to eat vegan, after which I decided to continue as it wasn't as bad as I expected. I wasn't having an easy time then and I was using pretty heavily, so I wasn't really eating properly, and on top of the dietary restrictions on being vegan, I was eating even less. Around summer this year my parents said I should just be vegetarian because I was unhealthily underweight, to which I agreed.
    I think it was a worthwhile experience kinda to prove to myself that it's doable, but being vegetarian is just soooo much easier.

And also like cheese and eggs and the like.

4. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Growing up in the south we ate meat with every single meal... and bread too lol. Then drank milk all the time... our blood type is butter hahahahaha I kinda wish I’d grown up some form of vegetarian... I mean I’ve struggled with my weight for over 20 years and it’s created an entire horrible problem so it would have been nice to have been a bit more conscious.

All week all I have wanted was something super cheesy... tonight mom asked me to make a cheese dip I always made (not vegan lol tons of cheese and sausage). So I decided I’d make a vegan form for myself (no recipe just did if myself)... it was perfect!!!! So good mom has decided my vegan option is the one she wants for the holiday parties lol I love it hahaha

5. 0to21

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm personally not really interested in cheese, but are a few vegan brands (where I live, anyway) which make spot-on imitations of it.

6. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The cheese I got was great :slight_smile: it did really well too. I’ve got some recipes I want to try to make my own. I made some teriyaki tofu tonight for the first time and it turned out great :slight_smile: