1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone get jealous of straight women??

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by r2de2baca, Dec 4, 2019.

1. r2de2baca

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awesome...

2. r2de2baca

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "But, you have made some rather disparaging comments about other gay men. Yet, you cry foul when this board does not jump to your defense. "

When someone makes a racist comment repeatedly directed at a specific racial group
    I could have problems accepting my sexuality. Dont most people on this site? Isnt this site for people like that? I have hung around and out with more effeminate gay men. Less of an issue for me than it used to be. Im not attracted to them physically however. And thats ok too. Although Im sure someone will have something smart to say about that too . ugh anyways. I am going to focus on bettering myself and meeting people in the real world. Thanks so much.

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OP, nobody ever had a problem with you not wanting to date specific people. It's okay to have your own criteria regarding who you want to date, it's okay to be unhappy about the gay scene and unhappy about the people you have met so far. Those aren't problems and if you look at EC you will see that 90% of the posts are about exactly just that, people feeling lonely, unhappy about their life, unhappy about the scene, unhappy about the people in their life etc... the problem isn't about you having a type or struggling with your sexuality (we all have). It's about you describing people who aren't your type by derogatory terms. It's okay to say '' I prefer masculine men'' or '' Flamboyant guys aren't really my type'' it's not okay to describe people who don't fit your criteria as ''scrap of the barrels'' '' fugly'', ''discount sales rack''.

It's akin to someone saying they prefer not to date POC (which is a theme here and already offensive in itself) because they are ''fugly'', ''scrap of the barrels'', ''discount sales rack.''
    You would find this appalling I am sure (because it is), and it's not any less appalling because it's directed at a certain group within the community (that you potentially deem as inferior).

People are upset at your wording not your preferences.

#23 Lin1, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  4. r2de2baca

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [QUOTE="Linning, post:Got it.

#24 r2de2baca, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019