1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being lonely & having sex life?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by OscarX, Nov 29, 2019.

1. OscarX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I'm 22 years old working and studying, I seem "normal" from the outside but I have no friends (never had), no social life at all and obviously no sexual/romantic life.
    I have a real difficulty and anxiety (I do take medication) in social situations, I believe my social skills are poor and I don't know how to even build connections or relationships with people, it's like I don't know how to communicate properly.
    Most of the time I don't desire social life because I'm so used to being lonely since early childhood, even when I'm in social situations I feel a strong need to isolate myself and be a alone. I do assume that I have some kind of mental disorder although I'm not diagnosed.

I spend a lot of time on dating apps but I don't really engage nor know how to (fucking social skills), I do want to find a sexual partner but I'm too scared to meet in person. How would he react to my shyness and anxiety? Will he think I'm just weird?
    What happenes if I have a panic attack from nervousness or even start to cry?

I feel hopeless and can't get out of this situation, I've been to a therapist for a few sessions and I felt like I was talking to myself, it was useless.

Sometimes I feel like I have to accept my situation because it ain't gonna ever change and nobody understands me.

bjooo and 18breanna like this.
  2. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly this is my situation as well! It makes me worry a bit about if this will affect my relationships in some way, but I'm very unsure

OscarX likes this.
  3. OscarX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well.. do you have any social life? Your case might be different though

18breanna likes this.
  4. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have one in the most shallow sense of the word..what causes my problems is that I never learned to be close to people in the same way that others are, and it always brings me pain to see people become "inseparable" while I've only made a few acquaintances over the same period of time. Even through this, I tend to still spend so much time alone, and I don't know why. Which is why I seriously question sometimes if I'll ever be close enough to someone to have a relationship..but who knows what the future will hold

5. Dreamsexul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really sorry to hear about your situations.

And I wish I had some genuine advice to offer, but I don't really understand human relationships at all.

All I can offer you is the hope that I've seen and spoken to many very socially awkward, shy and anxious folk who manage to find relationships. Far more than I expected, tbh. It seems that even the most socially difficult folk can often find love and sex and romance. So I wouldn't give up hope. But rather re-double your efforts - try whatever you can to empower yourself and find what you need. Good luck :slight_smile:

18breanna likes this.
  6. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently set my sights on entering a relationship (next year..lol), so I will definitely update on my situation/if I find success. I might make a thread on here for people pursuing the same goal so we can talk/compare experiences.

#6 18breanna, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Dreamsexul likes this.
  7. Dreamsexul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish you the best of luck! :slight_smile:

I love being in love, and I hope all may have what I have without the limitations :slight_smile:

18breanna likes this.
  8. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's certainly possible to be with other people and still be lonely. Connecting with others, having a community that provides a sense of belonging and fulfillment of purpose is what prevents loneliness. Sex doesn't really change that by itself.

18breanna and Dreamsexul like this.
  9. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, thanks so much!

For me, I look for the emotional connection as well as a sexual one. Plus, I feel that a sexual connection for me requires that deeper sense of connection..but that's just me xD