1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell my parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JayPlayzW, Nov 26, 2019.

1. JayPlayzW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I bet this is a question most people are asking: How do I tell my parents that I am Bisexual / homosexual?

2. Chizu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends heavily on how accepting your parents are of bi / gay people. If your parents are super accepting of the lgbt, then you can probably just tell them. Parents who have a healthy relationship with their children and are supportive of the lgbt should be able to hear whatever is on their kids' mind, whether they are gay, bi, trans, questioning, etc, and offer support. However, even with these ideal parents, you should maybe tell them at home in private, because it can still be a surprise.
    If your parents are less than tolerant of the lgbt, then unfortunately, you may need to question whether or not you should tell them. If there is the possibility that your parents might kick you out, physically abuse you, isolate you, or some other negative repercussion for you telling them you are bi / gay, then I would advise you don't tell them until you are no longer dependent on them.

#2 Chizu, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    BiGemini87 likes this.
  3. JayPlayzW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the Tipps, unfortunately my parents do not tolerate LGBT so I’m going to have to wait a few years...

4. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's tons of advice for coming out but no one ever tells you what to do with yourself while you are waiting to come out. There are three areas you should be focusing on right now: persona, education, and physique. These are tools that can help you attract other people to you when you do come out. And don't think you don't have what it takes either, as Thomas Edison once said, “If we all did the things we are really capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” So go ahead and astound yourself and astound others while you are at a it. :slight_smile:

BiGemini87 likes this.
  5. KJmusical

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you happen to come from a conservative religious background there’s a really practical book about coming out called Unashamed by amber Cantorna. She has some great advice about ways to prepare, boundaries to make and ways to take care of yourself in the coming out process. I also just listened to an excellent podcast (it’s also a blog) called Blue babies pink. It’s about a gay Christian man coming to terms with being gay. It could be a really great conversation starter and way for your parents to enter into a story that may have some overlap with your own. All the best to you. You are wonderful and exactly who you were made to be. I hope your parents can come to see that too

6. JayPlayzW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks for the Tipps I will try