1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendly Conversation starters

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kyrielles, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys! Anyone have any advice on some good conversation starters and conversation in general when trying to talk to a fellow lesbian and potentially trying to make a friend. Without giving off an I'm trying to have a relationship or hookup vibe. Lol. Friend only vibes and conversation. In a relationship and can never seem to get or keep a lesbian or bi friend without them at some point thinking I want to hookup.

2. abby z

abby z Guest

Maybe talk about music choices? Look up 100 truth or dare questions and you’ll get some pretty good convo starters from the truth ones. Good luck!

3. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Funny, whenever I want to hookup with someone, all they think I ever want is conversation LOL. It's probably not your conversation per se, you just may be one of those people who give off a bedroom kind of vibe. It helps, I think, to keep a little physical distance.Try positioning your body so that your hips are always at a slight angle to the person you are speaking to. Lean back more than you lean forward. Avoid eye contact when the conversation is at a lul, bringing your eyes toward the person only when you or they are drawing to the point.

Kyrielles likes this.
  4. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What about giving them a compliment on something. And if it's something like clothing, you could ask them where they got it (even if you're not actually interested in buying it).

5. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably the easiest thing to do in order to prevent confusion when establishing a friendship is to explicitly tell them what you are and are not looking for. People appreciate the clarity and it reduces anxiety to know. The less chance of a misunderstanding, the better.

Kyrielles likes this.