1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rtheproud, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Rtheproud

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My parents are very LGBTQ+ Phobic. And they said if I do so much as talk about it I will be kicked out or homeschooled because my school can "Turn kids gay". What do I do? How can I tell them I'm trans? Please help me not get kicked out of my house. I am 14. They are verbally abusive and used to be physically abusive. I am called stupid and useless on a daily basis. Please help me.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You want to be very careful, because at your age, your parents could pull you out of school and homeschool you, and that would further isolate you.

The first thing I would suggest is reaching out to a school guidance counselor or trusted teacher. Talk about the verbal and former physical abuse. Your teacher or counselor should be able to help you and, if necessary, bring in other professionals (social worker, school psychologist) who can help.

Sometimes family members only need education and information from a professional to change their perspective. Other times, it may require more serious intervention. But you want to go slowly and enlist the aid of knowledgeable, trustworthy adults before you have any conversations with your parents.

BiGemini87, quebec and Rtheproud like this.
  3. Rtheproud

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for the advice. I hope I can follow it.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have difficulties or need help, one of our staff can do our best to help. You can reach any of the staff by sending a PM.

5. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't come out to them if you can help it; like Chip said, it would only give them the excuse they'd need to further isolate you.

I'm sorry you live in that kind of home. No kid should be abused like that by their parents, but unfortunately, it happens all too often. :frowning2:

I'd also recommend researching local centres, should things ever be taken too far by your parents; places you can go to for your own safety, or perhaps even a trusted friend's place.