1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightmares

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by PaintingMeInfinite, Nov 16, 2019.

1. PaintingMeInfinite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just woke up from having a nightmare, I've never experienced having tears on my face from dreaming before so the emotions in this one were really intense. In the dream (a much abridged version) I go to my parents house and finally talk to my dad about my coming out and my suicide attempts. He tells me that I'm right about it all and that I should just get it over with. I think my reaction was what scared me the most though because I lashed out in anger at him. The entire family is involved and it's all very loud and exaggerated yet my dad was quiet and just wouldn't look at me. I then become violent and this wakes me up
    It's been a while since I've written or really even been on these boards. Not sure what I'm looking for here either, I guess I suppose just to get this off my chest. This really could be mostly new medications and recovering from being sick.

2. PaintingMeInfinite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well hitting tab and the space bar made this post early. I wrote a lot more and don't feel like writing it all again and I'm not sure how to delete my post. Thanks for reading.

3. Shallow waters

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The nightmares that get me really upset are the hyper realistic ones where nothing about what your seeing feels fake. Those ones I don’t forget. The worst ones is where I find myself being a shooter. In the dream it ends with me realizing what I did, then struggling to deal with it. The thing about it is it feels so real, so the feelings are all what the real response would be in that situation. It is a terrible feeling I cant even describe. After I wake up from those nightmares I will be shaken up for the rest of the day.
    I like talking to someone after having these dreams, it is very comforting. I am glad you vented it out.