1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeping and crushing with a guy in a relationship... HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Scottbre, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Scottbre

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all,

I met this guy a few weeks ago, let's call him 'Jacob' for reference. Basically, I went out drinking with a friend from university and Jacob was there with her... this was the first time I had met him or even heard of him. Turns out, he's gay, like me. We get chatting later on in the night and I found out that he's in a relationship... which was no big deal, I wasn't expecting anything. Towards the end of the night my friend was occupied, and it left me and Jacob alone together for a while... long story short he invited me back to his flat as it was nearby, so we left our friend and made our way back to his. We started making out and one thing lead to another... we had sex. He admitted to me earlier in the night that he was in an 'open' relationship (whether or not this is true, I don't know). He seemed completely into it being with me, even told me that we had to do it again sometime soon. Days pass and he hadn't contacted me.

Anyway, me and my friend end up going out again... a few nights later, and Jacob was coincidentally there. We didn't really speak for the first half of the night (probably down to the awkwardness). But yeah, we party all night and what do you know... me and Jacob end up kissing in the club, and the night ends with us going back to his again. We had oral sex.

So by this point... we've hooked up twice. He seems into it, and both times he was the one to 'instigate' it.

Now, the most recent time was on Monday... my friend invited me for drinks again, and I knew Jacob was going to be there, so of course I accepted. During the night, he admitted to me and my friend that he wasn't into being with his BF anymore, said that they never see eachother and he basically doesn't want that. Carrying on, The night turned out exactly the same way as the previous two... and we once again went back to his flat. HOWEVER, this time seemed different... we just laid on his bed, spoke for hours about random stuff (getting to know one another). I asked him if he wanted sex that night, and he didn't want just sex, instead he wanted me to get into bed with him and cuddle basically... so that's what we did, and I stayed there til late morning and cuddled one another, he fell asleep on me and it was the cutest thing ever.

However, he's since started ignoring my messages (I send him a Snapchat, and although he's online he doesn't open it). I'm not stupid, generally, when someone ignores you that means they're not interested in you... but I just don't understand how he could be so affectionate during the night and then almost flip a switch and change his tune.

I understand that this guy is in a relationship (of some sort), but he's admitted to me on more than one occasion that he's not happy and it's probably not going to last. The problem, and I know this is stupid of me to do, but the fact is I've developed feelings for this guy... I cannot stop thinking about him and hope that every message I get is him. I shouldn't have let myself get feelings for a guy who's in a relationship, but the way he phrased it to me is that it wasn't going to last much longer and I kinda lowkey hoped that I had a chance with him.

So now I'm at the point where I don't know what to do... should I hold out for something... carry on as we are, or just not go back to his again? Me and my friend see eachother often, and Jacob also see's her often, which means we're bound to cross paths again soon. This is really starting to annoy me atm. Idea's, opinions... I'll accept anything at this point, I'm pulling my hair out!!

Sorry this was so long... thanks

2. Chizu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not a relationship expert, all mine have failed, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt, but I think you should just tell him the feelings you have for him. He's in an open relationship, so it isn't really home-wrecking. If you are interested in forming a monogamous relationship with him, you should let him know. That way, he knows he can get caught by you on a rebound if he decides to end it with his bf.
    Be careful though. You want to make it clear you are serious. If he continuously baits you by saying he wants to be with you, while never ending it with his bf, then it's possible he's just using you for sex. You're not going to find that out until you make it clear to him, so you might as well just rip that band-aid right off. Good luck

#2 Chizu, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  3. Scottbre

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay so just thought I'd post an update; I asked him if he wanted to come round and chill/cuddle and he declined, so obviously I thought that he definitely wasn't interested. I began to 'play' him at his own game, by 'ignoring' his messages, to show that I'd stopped showing interest in his replies... however, I then received a follow request from him on Instagram, which usually to me is no big deal, but I did however think it was odd that he'd followed me, because we have no mutual friends on there, not even my friend from university. I would usually assume that he saw me on suggested friends, but because of us having no prior connection on instagram whatsoever (i checked) he must have deliberately searched me up, which is now just confusing me even more. He initially shows interest, then stops. Then decides to follow me on different social media platforms without having any contact for atleast a week. I'm probably just reading way too much into this but I still think it's odd.

4. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, like Chizu said, I'm not a relationship expert. I've never been in one. That said, I have done something similar to what you did. I'm basically whatever call a gay (or bisexual, in my case) adulterer. The guy I lost my "gay virginity" to was married to another man. But this guy was really into me and I was really into him. We chatted on a hookup app for several months. His husband was also on the app, but I largely ignored him. Anyway, one night, one thing lead to another and he picked me up in his really nice truck and we went to the spa that he and his husband owned, which was in a promenade outdoor shopping mall. The spa was closed for the night but he had keys to get in and we went in and had really crazy sex on one of the massage tables in the back rooms. After that he took me home. I never saw him again but we kept in touch. Once I asked him if he ever told his husband about it and he said "No, probably best not to." And that was that. I don't really feel bad about, but I don't know how he feels about it. Considering both he and his husband were on the hookup app, I can't think that he feels TOO bad about. But I'm the third party in this weird little love triangle. I guess you'd call me an adulterer. I don't really have any follow up advice, I just thought I'd share that.

18breanna likes this.