1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NSA, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    NSA with the pressure now off you can begin to explore your same sex attraction with a clear conscience. There is no need to label yourself right now or ever for that matter. You have given yourself an opportunity to clarify your sexuality and avoid making a mistake that is very hard to correct. Starting to date men with help you crystallize you’re true feelings towards same sex relationships. Once you start down this road I think you will find it comes easier and easier to see yourself in an exclusively gay relationship. Of course the opposite could be true as well only you will know. You have made a great start.

BiGemini87 and NSA like this.
  2. NSA

NSA

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you. I hung out with a friend last night and things happened, I don't know what to think.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  3. NSA

NSA

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't believe what happened last night, I feel ashamed. He wants to see me again but I am not sure. I feel so different, I am starting to see women differently, I have almost no attraction to them at all anymore. I am really scared of what is happening to me.

4. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    NSA it seems you are now coming to terms with real possibility you are gay. There is nothing to be ashamed of being attracted to another male. That is simply your internalized homophobia rearing it’s ugly head. The more you get comfortable with another man the less and less you will feel attraction or interest in females. At some point the attraction simply disappears and being with another man becomes more natural. Relax don’t over think it just go with what feels right to you.

BiGemini87 and NSA like this.
  5. NSA

NSA

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is hard, I let my friend have sex with me last night.

6. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course it is. This is all part of the process of getting in touch with your gay self. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  7. NSA

NSA

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  8. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You'll be all right. Contented is right; the conflict you're experiencing is probably linked to internalized homophobia. You spent a good chunk of your life believing and expecting certain things of yourself; it's going to take time for you to come to terms with the fact that you aren't what you originally believed yourself to be, that you can't commit to the things you used to commit to when you thought yourself straight.

It's also entirely possible that the way you feel about this friend doesn't mesh with your current feelings. Beyond the surface or beyond your friendship, maybe you don't bear sexual/romantic feelings for him. Then again, you might; I really can't say for certain, as I'm not in your head--but what I can say is, Be patient with yourself. You'll figure it all out.

NSA likes this.
  9. NSA

NSA

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To be honest, I do have feelings for him. I think I am falling for him

Contented and BiGemini87 like this.
  10. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have feelings for him allow them to grow organically. Don’t force it let it come naturally as the two of you continue to develop a relationship. Sexual compatibility is certainly one aspect but emotional compatibility might be more important. Can you see yourself in a openly gay relationship with this man? Is your attraction to women faded to the point it will not be an obstacle in establishing a same sex relationship without second guessing or constantly questioning your attraction? Only you can determine these answers however I encourage you to relax and enjoy the journey. I think you will find when all the dust clears that you are mostly likely 100% gay my friend.

NSA and BiGemini87 like this.
  11. NSA

NSA

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I went to see him again last night and we talked quite a while. We talked about being in a relationship. We took things a little further and I did things that I thought I would never do, I was scared to death but I think that I know now. I talked to my ex about him too, she is very supportive.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  12. NSA

NSA

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well here it is, he stayed with me last night and we talked some more this morning before he went to work. I told him everything, I have never been a masculine guy and with everything that has happened, it has only made me feel more feminine and he said he is fine with that. We talked about how we felt about being an interracial couple (he is African American) and we are fine with it. I told him that my attraction for women is no longer a problem so we decided to give a relationship a chance and see how it goes. My ex said she has no problem with being my cover if I need one since I am not ready to come out yet. I am really falling for him, he is a great guy and I am happy to say that I am gay.

Drizzle likes this.
  13. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats. It certainly sounds you are well on your way to embracing the gay you. It is truly liberating to finally admit to yourself that your gay. Coming out to the rest of world will come when you are ready. As you become more comfortable in a same sex relationship the walls you have built will slowly come down and an openly gay relationship will become totally normal. The me the first time I was able to introduce another man as my boyfriend was such a heady experience. Build an honest open relationship with him and you both will grow together. Who knows perhaps some day he may be your husband!

NSA likes this.
  14. NSA

NSA

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My next step is to accept being feminine

Contented likes this.
  15. NSA

NSA

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was thinking of trying a few things to help me figure out the feminine stuff

16. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like you I struggled with that same issue. For years I played the stereotypical masculine role while feeling the complete opposite. I so wanted to let my more feminine side out but was petrified to do so.
    After acknowledging that I was gay I was able to start to shed all those layers of fake masculinity. My BF is what could be called a stereotypical feminine gay man and I think that is what I found attractive. He is not afraid to be exactly who he is. As I became more comfortable I allowed more and more of my feminine side to come out. From care of my body to dress to mannerisms I am so much more comfortable with I really am. I am interested what things are you thinking of try to get more in touch with your feminine side?

NSA likes this.
  17. justme32

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well- are you in love with her or this some kind of societal expectation you are looking to fulfill? Don’t get married without resolving this. It will continue to be a hang up for you, for sure, unless you make the discoveries you need to make.

18. NSA

NSA

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I had thought about shaving my legs and trying some clothes

19. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the things I did after coming out was to shave all my body hair except for my head. I had always disliked body hair and loved the feel of not having it. In addition got a tattoo, 2 piercings and generally update my wardrobe including my underwear. I just felt better doing those things for me.

20. NSA

NSA

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yeah my body hair is gone, it feels amazing