1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After effects of Oral Sex (18+?)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by IronGospel, Oct 30, 2019.

1. IronGospel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So I am wondering if you can get ulcers or throat sores from having oral sex. I recently have been able to "go deeper" so to speak but my throat always feels sore afterward and now it feels like agony as I have to deal with these unwanted throat sores.

If this is a regular thing I'm just gonna drop oral sex altogether, this just being one in a long list of reasons.

2. MBM4K54

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm watching this thread with interest. I'm also interested to know what your other reasons may be for dropping oral sex altogether.

3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is definitely not a regular thing, yeah it can give you an itchy throat or something for a couple hours but that's usually it.

4. IronGospel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    The thing is that it was never this bad before but I noticed these ulcers pop up when I went “deeper” so that has to be it.

As for dropping oral, this is really just one in a long line of reasons. Mostly in that when it comes to sex I find myself sacrificing my needs for that of the other guy and doing thing I don’t want to just so they don’t get bored.

MBM4K54 likes this.
  5. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be that you've irritated your throat — having never done it before — and it's caused an issue. Definitely let it heal up real good before doing more. Gurgle some salt water, may help.

6. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I've gotten sore throats before when I perform oral sex, and usually when I go deep.
    It's somewhat common but it can be fixed. There's a few things that you can do to navigate your way around this.

I find that singers have a good technique that relaxes your throat as it allows it to open up without doing any damage. I find it verryyyyy useful when I want to go deep. It doesn't mean sing before performing oral sex lol! Sometimes, we really have to relax ourselves to be able to enjoy the pleasures of sex in general, and it can be a bit of a process. Relaxing your throat is very helpful when you're deep throating. You can practice with a dildo, there's also oral sex mints (as well as sprays), that can help your throat become a bit numb to the sensation.(they can be available in sex stores)
    Lubing up the penis is also helpful (whether it's edible lube or saliva). It's important to slide the penis into your mouth first instead of ramming it down your throat, as this can potentially damage your throat.
    I'm not sure how much you're doing it, but it's important to do it in moderation, and if your jaw gets tired or you begin to feel a bit sore, explore other sexual options you might have. Sex toys or different positions always work.