1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I tell her I like her?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hopelesskid, Oct 30, 2019.

1. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She works at the college I used to attend as a tutor. And I guess you can say we’re cool, but I don’t have her number however we do talk on Instagram DMs from time to time. I showed all of my friends our messages, I showed each friend one on one and they all agree that it’s a possibility that she likes me and she’s feeling me out. 2 weeks ago I was in town and I stopped by to see her (she gave me her schedule so I can see her). A couple of things happened, I talked to one of her co worker I’m cool with and me and him were laughing at his photo on her Instagram, I accidentally like her picture (from like 2 weeks ago) and she comes in the room and says “I saw you just like my picture 2 mins ago” and I like yeah, my bad. Lol.

Later I showed her my baby pictures and she told me I was cute baby. When someone would leave the room things would get quite but like a nervous quite, because we’re both shy. I even actually told her I’m shy around people I like... hoping she gets the hint (because she doesn’t know I’m gay or that I like her). I accidentally start singing “you are loved (at your best)” and she knew I was singing the Frank Ocean version (which shocked the hell out of me because everyone know Aaliyah and the Isley brothers version not Franks). I was also shocked that she started singing along with me. And I asked her if someone every tried to sing that to her. And she said “a guy I used to like” but quickly added that she didn’t like him anymore.

Idk if she’s gay, but I know she has a few gay friends. I’m coming to my hometown this Friday (which is an hr away) and I decided to tell her I like her while in town. I can’t wait to tell her because I’ve been losing sleep and stressing about it. Hell, I’ve even had wet dreams about her. How should I tell her I like her? What should I say? I don’t want to make things weird either, because I have to go back to her job and visit other people as well. What should I do if she likes me back? What should I do if I get rejected? Or handle the rejection? I’m 25 years old and it’s hard for me to be vulnerable.

2. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "I think you're cool and I'd like to go on a date with you" is a good option. Clear and simple.
    If she's interested, pick an activity, agree on a time, go on a date. The date will be less nervous-making if your goal is "positive interaction with a human being" instead of "decide if we are soul mates"
    "Aw, too bad" if she's not interested. No lie, rejection hurts. Embrace the pain. Take a break from messaging her, lick your wounds, let your friends comfort you.
    Good luck.

3. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah shit went bad. I wasn't able to tell her in person. All her friends and co-workers were around and I couldn't get her alone to tell her, so Sunday night, I Dm her on instagram and said "Hey I wanted to talk to you without everyone else butting in Friday. But i just wanted to tell you that I like you." She checks instagram through out her day, so there's no reason to not have a response by now (rejection or not). Honestly, I think she put my account on restriction (it's basically where I can't see if shes online or if she read my DM). Before I sent that message, she had her read receipt on (when a message was seen). Now I probably can't go back to see the people at her job because shit is weird now. Like I thought she liked me, or if she didn't I thought we could still be cool or something. I'm just gonna give up on dating or trying to date. It's like I keep getting rejected, or even worse ghosted with no explanation. I'm 25 yrs old and I'm tired of girls avoiding me after I tell them I like them, like just tell me. Of course rejection hurts, but eventually I'll get over it. But when someone can't tell you to your face, or sent a message saying I don't like you like that makes you question yourself. Did I ruin things? why this keep happening to me? If I stop liking people younger me will this stop happening?

4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m sorry that happened. Rejection does suck. I also don’t like people that aren’t upfront and honest. I think it’s just going to take time to get over her. And I don’t think you ruined things. And I think regardless of age, it’ll happen. Just hang in there