1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in limbo and not sure what to do here

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nelalvai, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm trying pretty hard to find a new job in a new town. In the meantime, I'm frequently thinking "no point in doing X if I'm going to move soon". But I don't know if I'll be moving *soon*. Job searches can take months. it's hard to temporarily nix something if there's no end date.
    I'm just so restless. I want to find a better apartment, I want to start dating again, I want to buy a waffle iron...but I'm moving soon.
    Any thoughts on where to draw the lines, and how to stay sane till I can leave limbo?

2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello there,
    How come you’re not sure if you’re moving soon?

3. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Because job searches take months? I'm not moving till I have a job lined up

4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok that’s fine. Maybe I’m confused, but what exactly is wrong? I think you just need to take your time if you’re not moving soon. There’s no need to rush.

5. Watlwtwd

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me it sounds like a good time to explore a little bit and try stuff you think you are not going to love but are curious about. Since you are moving,you are going to be exposed to a plethora of new experiences and everything might be too intense in the beggining. So why not start gathering new experiences before you move, while you are still calm and hopefully you have some extra time?

You dont have to finish everything you start, and right now you have a perfect excuse not to! Be it dancing lessons, clubbing, meeting new friends or starting a new book.

It must be frustrating feeling like you are in limbo, especially in then dating department, if you want to meet people with the hopes of building a connection that is going to last. But you have every right to do whatever feels right to you, whenever. I say, start dating again anyway! As long as you are clear from the start that you are departing soon, you are good to go.

And remember that this feeling of being stuck in limbo is going to end, and maybe much sooner than you expect. Get ready to say goodbye to things you love, get excited to leave behind the things that hurt you and get yourself receptive to the changes in your personality that this move is going to influence.

Sounds like you actually have a lot to do :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: good luck!

Nelalvai likes this.