1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can a bisexual date a asexual

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by just jane, Nov 6, 2019.

1. just jane

hi there,

I just want to ask if a bisexual lady can date a asexual lady, because I met a lady who told me her feelings for me. she is asexual and I am bisexual.

I am still new to all this, I have only come out to my counsellor about me being bisexual.

#1 just jane, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  2. croftrs147

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it should be okay, as long as you know what she's comfortable with. The asexual spectrum is very diverse, so it's hard to say. Communication will probably be key, just like in any other relationship. Good luck!

BiGemini87 likes this.
  3. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of course you can. If you both have some similar interests and enjoy each other's company it is worth a chance.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course you can. But your needs might not overlap... It depends on your needs as well, I know it would be very difficult for me for example to date an ace, because my sexual needs are large and I would be upset if my partner didn’t enjoy the sex we have at least most of the time even if there were compromises. I wouldn’t only not date an asexual but someone with a very different sexual temperament too.

5. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a bisexual married to a (sex-repulsed) asexual. She worries about it far more than I do. It takes a lot of communication and both of you knowing what you want from the relationship.

Mihael and BiGemini87 like this.
  6. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, completely possible. There will no doubt be some challenges (it really depends on where she sits on the asexual spectrum and your own physical/sexual needs) but if you two like being in one another's company and have feelings for each other, I think it's something you'll be able to work through.

I actually know a couple where one is ace and the other is bi, and they seem to do quite well together.

7. Regaen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As an asexual myself, I can say that it's possible, but maybe not always fulfilling. Asexuals can be completely against sex, like me, to fine with sex but just not a favorite activity, like a friend of mine is. But our sexuality is different from romanticism. We can still love deeply, cuddle, date, etc. Typically, highly sexualized people, people who love sex a lot, and asexuals don't really have a lot in common, unless part of an open relationship. It's important to find out where she falls on the asexual spectrum, or in fact if she's asexual at all. A lot of pansexuals sometimes misidentify as asexual, due to not realizing pansexuality is an option.