1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did your life turn out how you thought it would?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Sep 26, 2019.

1. jaybirb

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An average life is so much better than living with suicidal feelings, I'm happy for you! I wish you and your husband many steady, peaceful years to come.

2. jaybirb

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry you feel this way... It's a good first step to acknowledge your feelings, although it's unfortunate there isn't much you can do to get rid of those negative feelings. There's nothing I can say to help you feel better, especially since I'm a complete stranger, but I hope things start to look up for you soon. Stay strong.

3. jaybirb

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are so many fascinating replies, it seems everyone has been through such a variety of different experiences, not all so good... I guess that's because of how difficult it can be to navigate life as part of the LGBTQ+ community.

As for me, well, my life is definitely different than I thought it would be about 4/5 years ago. In my last year and a half of high school I was struggling real bad with depression and anxiety, and when I was still early in my transition I thought no one would truly love me, so instead I thought I'd just...sleep around, live without a care, and then commit suicide at 40.

But today, I'm in an amazing relationship, I haven't touched pot or alcohol in years, and I value my life so much more. I'm still young and I worry about when I finish college and really get out there in the adult world, but I know that I'm not alone, and I have more confidence that my life doesn't have to revolve around my gender identity as some unpredictable and dangerous force.

4. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha. NO. None of my dreams or wishes have came true. But I'm still trying.. Life is hard.

5. C06122014

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No not really. I don’t think though that that’s a bad thing?

I’ve got lovely and supportive friends, I am out of the closet and proud in a way I never really could have imagined possible. I never thought I’d be doing work in the industry I’m in...or that I would be taking the LSAT soon, let alone ever. I did not expect to be taking tours of law schools, I’m nervous, excited but mostly I’m just really scared.

6. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nope. I got married at 17, had my first child at 20 and pictured a life of being a stay at home mom and living my life devoted to my faith and my family.

Now I'm divorced, I've left Christianity, I'm living alone, I've came out of the closet, and I'm going to school. I've lost basically everyone from my prior life and there's times the pain from that is so bad I can barely stand it. Then there's times when the joy of living authentically rushes up and down my spine and I can see some logic in my losses.

7. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope, I should have bought lube in bulk quantities with the constant screwing over the world keeps giving me.

Not to say it hasn't had good and positive moments, because I do have some great friends and family. But it is also a lot of what the F is wrong now?

8. Loves books

When I was about 12 I had a definite idea of where I would be in life at certain ages. None of them were accurate. I hadn’t the this far ahead but I never thought my life would be the way it is. I wish it was different but I don’t have the ability to change it. But I’m alive and even if I have to live with my parents because I can’t afford anything else, I’ve got a roof over my head and a flat screen to watch. Life could be worse.

9. Ryu

Ryu

I always said my one goal in life is not to end up like my dad. He spend all day sat at gone playing video games and smoking cigarettes, and when he was younger he a professional druggo.

Now here I am, turned 18 a week ago, smoking cigarettes and, in all fairness I’m the cleanest I have been in a while now, I’ve only gotten high once in like 2 months which is goodness I guess? But I find myself becoming more and more like my dad. I don’t know if that’s a good thing, I don’t know if that’s bad thing. It’s just a thing.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, it has not turned out at all like I thought that it would. I never saw myself being out and living as male when I was younger. I also am working in a field thaf I never had even considered working in growing up. I also never thought that I would be prettt stable again after I was diagnosed as being bipolar. So, really, nothing went as I expected it to. But, all of that led me to being were I'm at now and I'm thankful for that.

11. Chizu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I made many different predictions on how my life would turn out. The ones that predicted my life would suck and be a total joke came true. That's really all I am in this world, a joke. Not a funny joke either. If life's a movie, then my character is an extra that slips on a banana peel in the background. Despite this insignificance, for some reason society doesn't want me to be one of its many cogs that keep it going.
    I kind of hate how long my life has dragged out. 27 is way too long for me. I try so hard but no matter what I do I end up failing.

#31 Chizu, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  12. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never I a million years thought I would go from the Navy to music education. I seriously considered going career Navy. While I was in, it was made especially clear that if I wanted to go career and try to go officer, I needed a degree in some sort of music. Which led to the music education part. I ended up deciding I didn't want to stay with the Navy and left on good terms. Got a job teaching middle schoolers music then the next school year was hired here at the high school. And I've been here since.

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not at all. Where I've lived, where I've been, where I went to school, the types of work I've had, and so many more things are things I could have never fathomed as a teen or when in my early twenties. In some ways, this variety has been good. In other ways, it has usurped a lot of energy. I don't think all of it has brought on growth, in the positive sense of the word.

14. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For the most part my life isn't going as planned. I'm in my mid-20s and thought I'd have a decent job by now but mental health problems have been giving me trouble so I'm only working very limited hours.

15. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Absolutely not.

I started questioning my sexuality in high school, spiralled into depression, moved to another city, developed a crush on a girl (so I guess I'm bi?), rediscovered my love for game development, and I'll probably move to a different country in a couple of years.

It's been a rollercoaster ride, and for the first time in what seems like an eternity, I'm enjoying it.