1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m unsure

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by JustCause, Nov 3, 2019.

1. JustCause

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I know I’m definitely gay in at least a sexual context. But I still have issues with the emotional side to being attracted to men. I’m just really unsure how I can feel emotionally the same way I feel sexually. I just wanted to see if anyone out there feels this or has felt this and how they figured it out.
    There’s also the whole stigma that comes with being gay. I haven’t told a single person I know, but it kills me to know that I probably can’t, at least for now. My family is super anti-gay and I don’t want to ultimately ruin any relationship with them. You can’t help but feeling the pressure around being gay, may that be the social or any other reasoning. It is a thing that really shouldn’t matter but for some reason it does.
    Idk. Honestly just posting this as a way to get it off my chest because I haven’t been able to tell anyone any of this.

2. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey JustCause,
    Sexuality is more often than not, painfully complicated.
    It could be that you are sexually attracted to guys without feeling any significant romantic attraction.
    This isn't too uncommon, nor is the inverse.

Are there any LGBTQ friendly support centers where you are? Or someone who is out around you?

You could approach them, or you could post on my wall, I'm willing to talk.

EC is a wonderful place, it has helped me and several others and I implore you to seek help here.

Hope you feel better :slight_smile:

3. cjmiller

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi JustCause-I went through all the same similar emotions. I thought I was only gay when it came to a sexually encounter with a man but loved women. It wasn't until I come out to myself and looked in the mirror and said I'm Gay was when the emotional feelings started to come flooding in. I think when I took down the emotional wall was when I could fully embrace being gay.