1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing a Bed With Another Guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ten, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Ten

Ten

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone,

I’ve got a bit of a minor issue that I wanted to get some advice on. I’ve got an important conference coming up that I’ll have to stay overnight to attend. I found out yesterday that the organizers cheaped out a bit and are likely going to give us hotel rooms with a single bed. It sounds like I’m going to share a bed with either another guy from my university or another student attending the conference.

It’s not the end of the world, I just don’t know if I’m comfortable with it. I don’t usually sleep with pants on and obviously I can’t do that if somebody is next to me. It just seems like a weird situation. Has anybody dealt with it before?

2. cjmiller

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow, that is really cheap. I've had to share another room but in separate beds. If there is a couch in the room sleeping on it or you could ask the hotel if they have a cot.

3. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sharing a bed with a co-worker is way more intimacy than appropriate for a work function. Honestly, I'm against co-workers even sharing rooms. If you feel comfortable bringing this up with your employer, absolutely do, like, "I'm not comfortable sharing a bed with a co-worker, and I bet others aren't either. What can we do?" If you want to suggest solutions, like them supplying cots or something, cool. You should not have to solve this by yourself.
    Cheap as they may be, you are not unreasonable for objecting, and if they think you are unreasonable, their managerial practices are way out of wack.

dano218 likes this.
  4. Ten

Ten

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I just got back from the conference and the guy I was supposed to share a room / bed with never showed up. It was kind of bizarre because he checked in, but I guess I got lucky.

5. cjmiller

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Glad it worked out for you.