1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ianlikebts, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Ianlikebts

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am a girl but i have short hair and i dress really "boyish" and gender neutral. My parents probably thinks that i am a tomboy but i think that i am transgender but i don't know. In the begginning of fourth grade i really wanted short hair but then my bestfriend left me and i really started to doubt myself. But then in sixth grade i cut my hair short and i felt so happy it felt like the happiest point in my life. But then i began puberty and i didn't like what was happening to my body. I feel so grossed out and uncomfortable when my "curves" are showing. I have never liked dresses and i have never liked to dress up either. And i feel so happy when people misgender me like when they call me by he/him instead of she/her. But i am so afraid of coming out and i don't know if my parents will accept me. And im so unsure like i don't know i am transgender. Can someone please tell me what to do! I think that i am too young to think about this but really have no idea. I am only thirteen and u don't know how my classmates will take it either. Can someone tell me what to do thank you.

Sorry for the grammar im from sweden.

2. kazuran

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i dont think you need to worry about not actually being trans! youre at an age where you probably arent going to start to transition, so you have lots of room to experiment with what feels best to you. gender is a unique experience to everyone, and sometimes theres not a label to accurately pin it down, but thats ok!! as long as you can find what personally makes you happy, then youre doing great!
    if you feel happier going by he/him, then go for it! a good way to test it out is if you have a close friend who you know will support you. have them call you by he/a new name for a while, and see how it feels to you.
    i think kids are a lot more understanding of this stuff than you think: theres probably a lot of people at your school going through a similar thing. if somebody does care, then it means you shouldnt be around them anyways! i live in a very lgbt accepting area, but i knew a lot of kids who were out and very accepted.
    parents are harder: a good way to know is to bring up the subject, even if its a lie, saying something like “a kid in my class came out as transgender today”. that way you can know ahead of time how they react to the concept, and if its safe to tell them. i dont know what things are like at home for you, but if they seem ok with it and you trust them i would bring it up. theres probably a lot of educating on the subject you will have to do, to parents and kids. thats the negative side of coming out.
    theres always the fear of rejection, and i have that too, but i believe in you! once you get over the initial anxiety, i think itll make your life much happier if you act as what makes you happy to act as.
    tl;dr:
    you should stop worrying about (easy for me to say, i know) if you’re actually trans, and focus more on what makes you happy! you dont need a label like “trans man” at this point, unless youre happy with calling yourself that. but if he pronouns and wearing a binder makes you happy, then do it! if you have a close friend you can test pronouns/names out on first thats great, but i think a majority of people will understand and accept you.
    its never too early to think about this, and it means you have more time to experiment! good luck..!

3. croftrs147

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know personally for a while I wasn't sure if I had gotten it right and it frustrated me that I didn't know how to be sure of my gender. My friend that is gender fluid told me that how they know what pronouns fit is they'll pretend to be someone introducing them. They'll say something like "this is *name*. He/she/they is/are my friend." I tried it, but with my nickname instead of my birth name, and I knew that she/her felt wrong but he/him still felt off. It took me a little while to realize that it was just because I wasn't used to it. It felt off because it sounded foreign. I still have on the rare occasion that it's just my friend's that I'm out to around and they call me he/him and it still sounds kinda weird. So there's always that, it could be you're unsure because it sounds weird at first. And as kazuran already mentioned, there's lots of different labels, so don't stress too much about "getting it right", it happens, and it's part of learning more about yourself.

P.S. Your grammar wasn't too bad :slight_smile: