1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice for first relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by faultyink, Oct 3, 2019.

1. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    my crush asked me out last night (in the cutest way possible might I add) and now we're dating but I have literally no experience being in a relationship, so I would love advice on how to not completely ruin things lol :') also she just turned 18 and I'm 19, and we're in first year uni

questions-
    1. what is the timeline for things?? kissing/etc
    2. any basic advice in general??

also I should add we were pretty good friends before she asked me out (we've known each other for about a month) and we have hung out a lot!!

#1 faultyink, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Cind Ace likes this.
  2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don’t think it’s helpful to go in with the idea that there a set timings. It might add pressure or lead to disappointment. Go with what feels right and comfortable for you both. Why would your relationship be exactly the same as anyone else’s relationship? You’re two individuals.

Go slow. Have fun. Consider each other and listen. You’ll probably both make mistakes, but clear communication helps.

3. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every relationship is going to be different in terms of timing. Communicate about where both of you are in terms of comfort and listen carefully to what you both need from each other

Lek and Cind Ace like this.
  4. Cind Ace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Faultyink,

The first time i date my first girlfriend i used to do timelines to but it only made me pressured or anxious all the time what to do , unlike her shes relaxed and calm . It didnt really help much so i stopped . Every day with her im sure will be new & different , sometimes awkward but it is exciting to discover that slowly with both of your pace and level of comfort. It is also very exciting to know whos gonna do first the first move , let it flow and enjoy every moment.

#4 Cind Ace, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019