1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ask to be friends or more than?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hopelesskid, Oct 17, 2019.

1. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went to a community college and I just graduated last semester. This girl I like, works for the department of this club I was in at the community college. I just transferred to a 4 yr university an hr away, so I don’t really get to see the members or Workers to the club as much as I want too anymore. She messaged me last week and we’ve been talking up til Monday about college, life, and tips for studying. She also said I should stop by and see everyone and gave me the hrs she works so I can see her. I stop by yesterday, and I really didn’t get to talk to her because everyone else wanted to talk to me. She did give me 2 hugs. But idk if she likes me or if she knows I like her (I’m not out to everyone only my closest friends). I’m 25 yrs old and I can’t tell if a girl likes me or even if a girl is gay (only if it’s obvious), so I showed one of my friends the messages. My friend said that it’s sounds like she’s likes me, but it’s up to me to tell, and that I should keep talking to her. I’m going back tomorrow to the the girl I like, and I don’t know if we should keep talking and become better friends? Or just tell her how I feel? Because I know she’s kinda shy, and I’m not shy always, just around girls I like. What should I do?

2. Really

Hey there @hopelesskid

I think you should definitely carry on being friends but I have a question. Have you ever done stuff with her alone and/or off the campus? If you haven’t, I wonder if inviting her to do something just the two of you would give you more info about how she might feel if you were a bit more forward. Or maybe her shyness will fall away some and she will express a mutual interest in you!

It’s still possible it might take her a bit longer to get to the same place as you, attraction-wise, but if you’re ok developing your friendship while you wait, it could be really good. As long as she likes girls, too. ;}