1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting around internalized homofobia

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, Oct 11, 2019.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ive been having this heartache over a failed 1st time relationship that was too short and very intense...

in order to move forward and because im looking to be able to have full sex with someone (i didnt didn time and i regret i massively...) im looking to date again but ive always find it really difficult because i always am super picky with the women ive been attracted to (normally straight woman im afraid)

because of the girl i got involved with i have real deep sexual cravings as i enjoyed up to where we got to and im going on dating apps but i just find it difficult to get a match as i im very picky...ive stablished that its just 1 date ive set as a goal to build momentum and know that im able to do it but i get really angry and scared to go on a date with someone i i dont like, like feeling trapped

hence the title of the post as i feel that its all homofobia playing tricks on me :frowning2:

2. IronGospel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think it’s more like your standards might be too high. It’s not an uncommon thing really, but maybe work out what is ACTUALLY a dealbreaker and what you can live with. One date usually isn’t enough to get a handle on the other person and even then you won’t find someone you are 100% compatible with.

3. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i get what you mean but if im 100% honest at this point i want someone that im pysically attracted to to be able to explore that side of myself.

4. IronGospel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I can tell you from what I have seen physical attraction being the only factor usually leads to doomed relationships. Most of the time they work out because people are compatible in terms of personality and interests. It’s generic advice but it seems to hold true.

I get wanting to explore your sexuality but this is another human you are talking about. Im not sure if it’s really a relationship that you are looking for.

5. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yes, i am not looking for a relationship. I just want to explore my sexuality and intend to be very upfront about it. That is the reason why, for me, physical attractiveness is key at this point

6. IronGospel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I mean I’m not sure how many avenues there are for you to do that. I know I had the hookup apps for guys for me, but I think those did more damage than anything else.