1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m so heartbroken

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Oct 13, 2019.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That’s it. I feel rubbish. I gave the backstory in a different thread, but the summary is that the girl I was dating just broke up with me, and she was so so special. I’m sad and I really wish I could be with this girl, I fell so hard for her.

We’re meeting tuesday to talk more about the situation.

I think it’s helping me learn about my needs. Like what I’ve learned is I want her. Or I want to be alone, because I really like my life with my daughter and just me. Or I want to feel this way for someone else in my life at some point in the future. I think the gist is that I don’t want the kind of utter nonsense I’ve had with other girls before her. She was the real thing for me so it’s her or just me on my own or one day in the future I’ll have room for someone new. But now I know that the stuff I had with the others, while helpful in my journey, is not what I want in my life.

I can say a lot more but I’m kind of feeling like lying under the covers and wallowing in how much I miss this girl right now.

#1 baristajedi, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  2. SoulSearch

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so sorry. :frowning2:

3. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry too.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am sorry to read that this happened. It is definitely okay to take some time to think about what your needs are, and what you feel would be the best way forward - whether to enter a relationship, or continue having the life you are currently having. From the sounds of it, the way things are at the moment, sits quite well with you.

I do think it is good that you have decided to meet up with her to talk about things. Hopefully the meeting was alright and you were able to talk about the things you wanted to get (perhaps) across to her. Let us know how it went.