1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don’t want to buy weed anymore

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Spot, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so it’s a long story but I thought it’d be a good idea to buy weed from one of my friends. I have smoked before, like weed and cigarettes and I was going to be buying weed tomorrow from someone I know. But like I don’t think I can do it. I don’t think I want to do it anymore, I don’t want to smoke anymore. But I’m supposed to be buying this for my friends as well, even though they know other people who sell it who they can just buy from. This whole situation is too much for me, I don’t want to have to be going behind my parents’ backs all the time and doing shit like this.

But like I said, I already told my friends and the person I’m supposed to be buying from that I would do it. And I’m afraid that like everyone is going to get mad at me and think I’m weak because I didn’t do it. I feel weak but they don’t understand that it really feels wrong to me and I just don’t want to sneak around all the time. Like I could get in big trouble for this; I could get kicked out of the house if my parents found out that I ever smoked even a cigarette in the first place, which they still don’t know about. I can’t imagine what would happen if they knew I bought weed, distributed it among my friends and smoked it myself.

I’m worried about disappointing people if I don’t buy it though…because I told them I would. It’s more the girl I’m supposed to be buying from. It’s not that I’m afraid she’d hurt me or anything, I’m just afraid that she’s gonna be pissed off since I wasted her time getting the weed for us. But she could also just smoke it herself so I don’t see what the problem is. I don’t know what to do.

Like I wanna get out of this but I don’t know how, I don’t know how to tell people that I don’t want to buy the weed. I only have until tomorrow and it’s the night before…

2. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just don’t buy it.
    Trust me no ones gonna care, and if someone does get mad for some reason then they aren’t your friend.

Just do what feels right for you and do t let others pressure you into anything you aren’t comfortable with.

And stop with the cigarettes they’re terrible for you.

Good luck!

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's really cool here is... you're beginning to feel your own sense of worthiness. That's why you're questioning this.

Don't do it. Simple enough to say "You know, I've decided I'm not comfortable with this. No offense or judgment to you or anyone else, just decided it isn't my thing." And then you offer to connect whomever is selling with whomever wants to buy, and then you're out of the loop.

If people judge you and no longer want to be your friend because of that... those aren't the friends you want to have in the first place.

quebec, Shorthaul, BlueLion and 3 others like this.
  4. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Spot,

I agree with Chip and Totesgaybrah. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do and you have the right to change your mind. If your friend doesn't understand it and gets angry, then she is not your friend. Anyway, probably she can sell it to other people.

Besides, you already know that smoking weed or cigarettes is not good for your health.