1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost and found

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Ninny, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Ninny

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello EC! I just signed up last week. I want to say hi and introduce. I am still having a lot of writers block, so please allow me to share the following story for now.

I found this forum on purpose because I am participating in a completely different forum for a couple years now, but the subject matter there is not about gender or sexuality specifically. The thing is, there are certain areas of that site that are men-only and women-only, for discussions where people would feel more comfortable In such a group. The problem was that I could never reach a decision which one to register for!

Then the great news appeared that they have added a third option, called non-binary. I still thought it over for a few days before joining, but unlike usual, I didn’t find any excuse not to. For the first time in my life this subject made complete and perfect sense. I am already 40 and have many battle scars due to trying in earnest to conform certain paradigms that ultimately weren’t the right fit.

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to Empty Closets! :slight_smile:

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

4. cjmiller

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi and Welcome to the EC community. I'm sure you will find it a great site.

5. Ninny

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you, kind people. A little more about me: I have never been married, have no children, and have lots of cats. I have fallen in love several times, but only ever got “serious” with a very select few. Even then, it was less about genuinely wanting to but rather thinking I was supposed to for some reason. I treasure all the experiences and growth shared in these ways with people, of any gender, but still nothing ever seemed to fully “click.” Of course I’ve run the gamut of feeing like I’m just plain bad at relationships, cripplingly shy, pathologically selfish, indecisive, eccentric, et cetera ad nauseam. Trusted friends and family however have assured me that it’s not as bad as all that, so I haven’t checked in for therapy just yet. After all these years I’m finally able to really start looking at things completely differently. Especially thankful for all the increased communication and awareness in general over the last decade. So here’s to you!