1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in college, I am gay, I have social anxiety, I'm new in town

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by jaybirb, Oct 3, 2019.

1. jaybirb

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anybody get the reference? Maybe? hahaha...

Anyway, hi, call me Jay! I'm a 22-year-old queer trans masc college student studying to become a journalist, and I could use some online pals. I've been wanting to socialize more recently, but I don't have a car right now so I can't just...get out there and mingle. So I'm hoping that by joining a community that (hopefully) isn't as toxic as Twitter or Reddit, I can make some friends and boost my confidence.

I guess going back to the whole social anxiety thing, I've been struggling with clinical depression and generalized anxiety since I was 15, although after graduating from high school it started to be a lot better. I take most of my classes online, so there's not as much interaction, but when I do take classes on campus it isn't so bad.

More about me personally though: I'm a huge video game nerd! I love Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Katamari Damacy, Zero Escape, Danganronpa... A huge variety of games really. I used to be waaay more into anime back in high school, but I do still enjoy some, like my nostalgic fave, Fullmetal Alchemist, as well as others like Free!, D.Gray-man, and Assassination Classroom. I don't watch many TV shows (Hulu and Netflix over cable any day), but my long-distance partner is a huge fan of Friends and I watched the whole series with him over many a date night, lol. I also love Brooklyn 99, and I've been watching Superstore recently.

I don't know how active this place usually gets, and I know this is a lot to read for an intro, but if anyone wants to chat, drop a reply or maybe even send me a message! I'd love to get to know some of y'all!

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    jaybirb.....Hello and a very big welcome to empty closets. I'm so glad that you have found us. There are quite a few sub-forums here on EC for you to check out. Take a look and then join right in!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. jaybirb

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you very much!

4. Leah061

Gender Pronoun:
    She