1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend LGBTQ+ TV shows to watch?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Nic2552, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Nic2552

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone recommend any lgbtq+ shows to watch ? I am looking for something to watch whether it’s on Hulu , Netflix, YouTube or even cable. ? If so why ?

Also does anyone else watch gay shows just because they have gay characters..? Is it normal ?

2. EllisMar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know of any current shows to watch but it's totally normal. I am always looking for some too! It's comforting to see something out in the open that we can relate to.

Nic2552 likes this.
  3. SoulSearch

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love finding LGBTQ+ content (ok, well for me, lesbian content) in movies, TV shows, books, and music. For me it's important to see same-sex relationships because it normalizes them. Being a newly out lesbian, I don't have a lot of gay friends or role models, so I have to find them in media content. Ha!

Have you tried typing LGBT or gay into the search bars of Netflix, etc.? That's how I've found most of what I've watched. I'm not sure I'm much help to you, but if you by chance want lesbian content, I am currently making my way through The L Word (fun and very unrealistic!). Movies I've watched include Below Her Mouth, Blue is the Warmest Color, etc.

Hope you find some good stuff!

Cind Ace likes this.
  4. Cind Ace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For lesbian series i like the L word coz it shows different shades of being gay and more on lesbian.
    Blue is the warmest color, my fave is Imagine me & You ,youll like it.
    Carol, Pretty Little Liars but just because of Shay Mitchell lol.
    Wynonna Earp , and dont forget Orange is the New Black.

I think it is normal I mean some parts of the movies or what can make us relate to how we feel or how we exist in the society. It is i think a comfort when i see it in the movie or series and its characters are never boring to watch lol

#4 Cind Ace, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019