1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piercing sensitivity and pain

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Goya, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Goya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I’ve wanted to get my nipple pierced for years but always end up walking into the shop, debating it for a bit then walking out. If you’ve had it done..

A. How much did that bad boy hurt?

B. Have you lost any sensitivity? as someone with loads of the stuff there, that would be carnage!

2. huge89713

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i thought about getting my ears pierced same thing happend

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I don't have my nipples pierced but have been with girls who had theirs pierced and here is what I got.

It does hurt, a lot for some, less for others, but they all agreed that it definitely wasn't the least painful piercing they've had done, that being said, the pain was momentary, they healed pretty easily and their nipple sensitivity got heightened (in a good way) as a result.

From what I know the main downside is clothes may get caught in the piercing and it huuurts!

I personally suggest getting both nipples pierced at the same time, cause I know some people have only managed to do one due to the pain and fear of doing it again so might as well do it in one go.

4. JaymzR1968

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! So for me it was (once they healed) an awesome addition to my body and the sensations it added/increased.

But on the flip side - it was absolutely the worst pain I’ve ever encountered willingly - ever. I’m not a wimp when it comes to pain having had a few kidney stones, several broken bones, and over a dozen tattoos with some in places that have been commonly known to be quite painful (like the elbow, which really wasn’t as bad as advertised). But the nipple piercings - F that! They hurt like hell, and took almost 6 months to fully heal and be comfortable. But once they did heal the sensitivity was amazing. So, I guess it boils down to how worth it is it to ensure that amount of self inflicted pain vs the gain of some great sensitivity?
    Unfortunately I don’t have mine pierced any longer - my right one got accidentally torn out while I was moving about 12 years ago when it got caught (through my shirt) on the corner of a box. The left one I just eventually removed as it felt odd to me after a while to only have the one.
    Whatever your decision good luck and enjoy!

5. Goya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :anguished: f****ing hell. Yea maybe not lol

6. JaymzR1968

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    sorry if I scared you off of doing it - just wanted to share my experience so you have as much info up front as you can. I wish I would have known going in what the process and outcome would be...I can’t say with any certainty that I would have chosen differently, but at the very least it would have been an informed decision. The sensitivity once they did eventually heal was absolutely incredible, never had that before - but the 6 months to get to that spot was not an easy journey. Now, they do look hot (well did anyway) and made me feel kinda sexy and a little on the kinkier side of what I was accustomed to at that time in my life. And I do still find them sexy as hell on others. So I guess just go into it with open eyes and trust me when I say this: buy some spray saline solution to keep it soft and easy to turn the rings frequently throughout the day, and some bactine (they’ll say don’t but it frikin helps clean it, and it takes the sting out of it when you turn the rings, just use the saline after so they don’t dry up more than normal). ✌ good luck!

Goya likes this.
  7. Goya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah you didn’t scare me, tbh I’ve been debating it for years. Not done it yet so.....
    keep going into the tattoo place and walking out again lol. Sounds painful and a long healing process!

8. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got mine done, and it wasn't bad at all. The first one barely felt like anything (0.5/10, I think probably because I was expecting much worse), and the second hurt a lot more (3.75/10) but was still definitely tolerable. They have taken a long time to heal, but that is partially my fault because I switched the jewelry out too soon. My nipples are more sensitive than they were before. Note, my nipples were never very sensitive, so if you have very sensitive nipples, I imagine you might have a very different experience!

Goya likes this.
  9. Goya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love a warm fluffy experience like this haha. Thanks

Awesome likes this.
  10. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have wanted to get my nipples pierced for quite awhile but I’m scared, not from the pain but fear of being judged...
    I had gotten my bellybutton pierced years ago by a local tattoo artist and felt as though he was judging me or assuming I was either bi or gay...dudes don’t pierce their bellybuttons...however after I had it done I felt this incredible feeling of self empowerment and I even thought ‘damn it looked good...’
    As I started at the beginning of my response, I really want to get my nipples done but at this point in my life I would only be able to do it by either a gay piercing/tattoo artist or a female artist because I cannot begin to put into words the humiliation I felt when I had my belly piercing done by someone who at the very least presented as being very judge mental...

11. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got my nipples done a few months ago, and have a variety of other piercings. Nipples were easily the most painful, and are commonly considered to just generally be a pretty painful piercing.

Typically nipple piercings are done with a really tight clamp, this can help reduce the sensation of pain and makes the piercing go a lot quicker. The piercer I go to (AAP member) preferred to do it freehand, which he told me would hurt more, but should heal easier. I could feel every millimeter of the needle pushing through my nipples. Felt pretty awful.

I would give it like a 7.5/10 I don't think it will be so bad, if you go in understanding it's going to feel really intense. Its definitely worth it though :slight_smile:

For like a week or two after getting it done , my nips were insanely sensitive. They've chilled out a lot now, but are definitely still way more sensitive than they were before.

#11 Batman, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  12. JaymzR1968

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That’s pretty much my same experience - horrible intense pain the entire time the needles pierced their way through - but after a few weeks the pain and being incredibly sensitive to even the slightest touch or movement of your shirt, starts to scale back and becomes well worth it as sensitivity gets to be even more and more enjoyable

13. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got my left nipple done on Saturday and it was liberating....
    I have noticed it has a lot more sensitivity then before and next up I am looking to getting my right one pierced as well...
    It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be...

14. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had my left nipple pierced about a year ago after years of wanting it done. Overall not a great of pain piercing but a little sensitive during healing. Now it’s fine I love the look and had my bellybutton pierced just recently. Makes me feel sexy and my nipple is super sensitive which I love.

Danabutton likes this.
  15. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had my bellybutton pierced in my 20s and loved it....I want to get it repierced when I am able to....

16. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am seriously considering having my other nipple pierced. I can’t explain how sexy I feel with one nipple and my bellybutton pierced. Was at the beach this summer and 2 random guys came up and complimented me on the look. It was such as heady experience to find that other guys find it sexy. I waited so long to do it for fear of other people’s opinion. How silly compared to how wonderful it makes me feel.

Danabutton likes this.
  17. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I found it liberating myself ...