1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Re) Starting to play Magic The Gathering

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chiroptera, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone!

So, I have played a lot of MTG casually with my cousins and friends when I was younger. However, I never played with strangers before, in Magic stores (mostly because I'm too shy outside of the internet. : P ).

However, after many years, I have decided I want to start playing again, because I think it will be a good opportunity to leave my house and interact with humans, besides my family.

There is going to be a prerelease for the new set in a store near where I live, and I'm thinking about going. I've heard it is a good idea for new players, although I don't really know what to expect (besides what I have heard about). It's a bit expensive, but since I don't plan on doing it all the time, it may be worth the try.

Has anyone here played physical MTG before? Any tips on what to expect on an event like this (or is it worth for semi-new players at all)?

2. Ryu

Ryu

I’d recommend going to events and the like. I have a mate at school I play with during free periods and that’s all well and good but there’s a shop in one of the cities near me that does magic nights once every few weeks and they’re great to go; meet new people, play a fun game, take a few friends with you have any that play so if it goes a bit awry you can still have a fun day out with your dudes.

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, there will be an event next week and I'm planning on going. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to go with me since I have moved to another city for a few months now (actually, that's one of the reasons I want to return to Magic - to maybe meet new people/friends :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ).