1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Bucket List

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ready2bout, Sep 2, 2019.

1. ready2bout

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well it has been a very good year for me knocking things off my gay bucket list. Below are several things that I have accomplished this year after many years of struggling to come to terms of being gay.
    • Went to my first pride event. Was a very fulfilling day and met many people. Enjoyed it immensely and will be attending every year going forward.
    • Told one of my good friends I was gay and she was very understanding. She has since passed on. Also told my sister who has been extremely supportive and has not told anyone.
    • Attended a coming out meeting at the local gay center. I have also been to several other events at the center and it has been very helpful.
    • Bought a gay pride t-shirt, bracelet and ring and have worn them many times. Mostly in areas where I will not know anyone. Got many positive comments and met some great couples.
    • Went on my first same sex date. It was awesome and went on several more with him but the fact that I was not out was an issue and it ended. Looking forward to many more dates and actively pursuing a long term relationship.
    • Been a very sexually active year. Have met many great guys and had awesome sex.
    • Swallowed for the first time and really enjoyed it.
    Getting very close to coming out to friends and relatives. Hopefully by the end of the year I will be able to live my life as an openly gay man.

ReadyFreddy, Rade, SoulSearch and 9 others like this.
  2. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ready2bout what a great thread. My story is somewhat similar to yours in many ways. Your zest for living comes across in all your posts especially this one. The struggle to come out takes some doing but once done the liberation from guilt and fear of exposure is extremely intense and totally enjoyable. Once freed to be who you are, the adventure becomes even better. Living as an openly gay man far surpasses anything I would have imagined. My straight life in retrospect never even came close both emotional and physically to incredible pleasure embracing my homosexuality has provided me. Coming out was not an easy process and yes there was some pain and disappointment. However I can honestly tell you that it was all worth it. Being free to be who you really are is so worth the process.

3. ready2bout

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Appreciate the comments Contented. I do hope that me coming out will be as liberating and positive as yours. I truly believe it will be great relief to finally admit the fact that I am gay to my friends and family. Like I said I am getting really close. Talked with a lesbian friend on my pool team about how her coming out was. She was wearing a pride shirt so I asked her a lot of questions. I’m pretty sure she knew I was asking so many questions because I am going through the process myself. She was looking at me like she wanted to ask me if I was gay but didn’t. Not sure how I would have answered but I know what I wanted to tell her.

4. 1cgd

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your post got me thinking what a whirlwind year it has been for me too, and it’s only September!
    - came out to wife, then kids, then extended family & friends and finally via social media
    - kissed, got naked, sucked & got sucked, had full-on (protected) gay sex
    - met what looks to be the love of my life at a not-gay-at-all party and finally “made love” rather than just having sex
    - used the terms “my boyfriend” and “my partner” for the first time
    - has full-on (unprotected) gay sex after mutual testing
    - moved in with him a few weeks ago
    - finalizing divorce in early October
    - went to two Prides
    - got a subtle tattoo with my coming-out date on my forearm

Who knows what’s next!

mgh23, Rade, out2019 and 4 others like this.
  5. cjmiller

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You certainly have had an amazing year. I'm jealous. Maybe someday I'll be able to post such a great bucket list.

ready2bout likes this.
  6. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a great post. And what a great idea, having a bucket list. I confess I'm a bit taken back because I have not accomplished many bullet items you have. So I guess I'm saying I'm jealous.

ready2bout likes this.
  7. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still have a few items on my gay bucket list for sure.
    A. Taking my BF/partner to a destination wedding in my family this Nov for the first time.
    B. Buy a house in a predominantly gay area with my BF
    C.Go to a clothing optional gay beach and feel free to be naked in public. We currently do so on our balcony but it secluded.
    D. Help out with a group at our local LGBTQ center.
    E. My BF and I want to try a threesome at some point.
    F. Take part in a Drag Night once just for fun.
    At least that’s it for now.

ready2bout and Drizzle like this.
  8. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi @ready2bout -
    Cool! What's next on your list? ;-)

9. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really really want to do this, but only with someone I am really serious with and I want it to be an expression of our love and intimacy.
    really want to do this.. I realize I am more excited about just holding hands with a guy on a date than full on sex with a woman...
    Great list!
    I think setting some tangible goals really helps.. its interesting that you did some pretty advanced stuff before coming out to family and friends...I feel the same way and it shows that most of the denial and repression for me is related to that..

Adz6 likes this.
  10. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've inspired me to make one!
    I am just getting started so I'll take baby steps by the end of October 2019:
    • Proudly tell someone I am gay.
    • Go on a date
    • Hold hands and Kiss in public
    • Give a blow job

#10 out2019, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    mgh23, Rade, FooFight54 and 1 other person like this.
  11. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the idea of a gay bucket list. Unfortunately, or rather I suppose fortunately, I think I've done most of the "gay things" one can do. The two I can think of that we haven't done yet are: go on a gay cruise, go to Gay Days at one of the Disney parks.

12. JaymzR1968

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Disneyland Gay Days would definitely be in the top 3 (ish) of my “gay bucket list” if I would in fact have one. Hmmmm...maybe it’s time to make one. I’m a complete Disneyland nerd and it’s my favorite place to go to escape it all for a few days a couple times a year - but I’ve never gone for Gay Days. Now that I’m “more” out than I used to be I think it’s time. ️‍

13. justaguyinsf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love Disneyland also ... my daughter and make roughly annual visits and I grew up about 10 minutes from it so I've probably gone at least 50+ times.

Anyway, I wanted to mention that there's a group of guys in the Bay Area that I think are going to gay days next weekend. You might be able to join them. It's one of those groups listed on one of those websites for people to meet up with like-minded people. Presumably you could find them with a quick internet search (sorry to be cryptic, but I think this site bans any specific reference to other websites). Good luck!

JaymzR1968 likes this.
  14. JaymzR1968

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey thanks!!! I’ll check into that. I can’t do next weekend unfortunately, but I’ll keep it on my radar for next time. ✌

15. 1cgd

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All my life, my internalized-homophobia voice told me “no way you’re gay, you would never do this” but now, nearly 7 months into my relationship with my boyfriend, it’s a meal I hav more often than any other, and I love it not just for the taste but for the intimacy and sharing such a deep part of the man I’m head over heels in love with.

FooFight54 likes this.
  16. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree with 1cgd it is an intimate statement of love and affection and I love it. 3 years ago I would have never believed I would even imagined oral and anal with a another man. Boy times have changed and I now think what took me so long.

FooFight54 likes this.
  17. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just want to say first to the original poster, what a great positive thread! I'm so happy for you x x x
    I'm in a not great place at the moment but I will share the positive stuff from this year!

I joined a gay choir, though sadly it folded due to lack of people. I didn't join because I could sing! But I made new friends and realized I do actually have a voice! It was an incredible experience.

I learned I could run and trained hard, did my first 10k fun run in September. My finishing time was 1 hr and 5 mins, which I have been told isn't bad for a beginner.

A lesbian friend and I started our own LGBTQ local group and we put on meet ups for the local gay community. I have made more friends from this group! We go for nights out, sometimes coming home at 5 am!!!

I had a three month fling with a guy aged 26 and I'm 43. This didn't work out BUT I properly lost my gay virginity, making love to him was amazing and I went from a guy who would orgasm in five minutes! to lasting up to an hour making love to him. Some of our sessions would last 2 or 3 hrs. I'm not bragging in the slightest but our connection was deep. I learned alot sexually about myself. This relationship will stay in my heart forever.

I bought a sex toy, my partner was a bottom so he didn't penetrate me. But I learned that I really enjoyed using the toy on myself, just wow, didn't think I would be able to get so much of the sex toy inside me, not trying to be crude at all. But what an experience.

A lesbian friend has taken me clothes shopping a few times. One day I tried on about 16 pairs of jeans! Realised I can wear skinny jeans at 43 and look hot! I realised I had been over sizing my clothes for decades!! Have a whole new set of clothes....

Build a friendship with my ex wife which I never dreamed possible, we actually talk without arguing!

Build a better relationship with my three children and came out to the eldest two aged 11 and 14. I'm now out to everyone who needs to know.

The future.....
    My only wishes are to get divorced from my ex wife, find a decent guy and marry him!. I just want to feel loved and secure.

Jon xx

18. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My heart flutters at the thought of being able to do this one day!

Danabutton likes this.
  19. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just began my actual journey while I’ve been posting and and contemplating for awhile I took my first steps:
    1 Told myself I’m gay
    2 got my nipple pierced
    3 told the girl who pierced my nipple I am coming out and the piercing was very symbolic on a deep level for me
    4 wearing skinny jeans with button down shirts (opened to proudly display my pierced nipple)
    My todo list
    1pierce my other nipple
    2 pierce my navel again (I originally had it pierced for my 21 birthday, Freudian slip)
    3 meet new gay friends
    Experience intimacy in a physical way I have never felt before

20. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just called an LGBT center and spoke with someone for the first time and it felt so exhilarating! but it also made me realize that I have to take some baby steps first :slight_smile: :

1.Visit an LGBT center and tell someone I am gay. - October 20 2019
    2. Attend and LGBT event or meetup. - End of October
    3. Come out to at least three friends. -End of October
    4. Go on a date with a guy. - by Nov 15.