1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyebrow maintenence and darkening

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BothWaysSecret, Sep 1, 2019.

1. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anybody have any advice on eyebrow maintenance? Mine get very unruly so I have to use a small set of scissors to trim them and clean them up. I've never plucked them or had them threaded and I'd prefer to find an at-home routine if I can to save time and money

Also, my eyebrows are very light, a few shades lighter than my hair.I've wanted to see how they'd look a bit darker so they'd match my hair and pop a little more as they are kind of unnoticeable. I've considered borrowing my sister's eyebrow pencil on occasions to darken them up, but sharing cosmetics is unsanitary plus it would be a pain in the ass to have to do it everyday. I've also looked into dying them, but that costs money and dye could ruin the hairs over time and would also be a pain to do.

I'm mainly looking for ways to darken them and thicken them up (preferably naturally if I can), as they are very sparse on the ends, plus find a good maintenance routine for when they get too long or unruly. If anybody has dealt with something like this, I'd love to hear tips.

2. D Artagnan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @BothWaysSecret

I actually use a beard trimmer on my eyebrows. It only takes like 30 seconds and they still look 100% natural. I didn't want that 'manicured' look but I don't like looking up and seeing random long hairs sticking out.....kinda distracting. The beard trimmers are relatively cheap. I recommend getting one that takes regular batteries as opposed to the rechargeable one....I've had two of the rechargeable ones and they had a very short life span. They usually run from about $10 to $20.

As far as darkening them naturally.....I don't have an answer for that. But look at Just For Men beard and mustache coloring kit as an alternative option. It's about $8 and you get multiple applications.

3. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for your suggesstions. I actually have a beard trimmer, but mine is rechargeable. It has actually lasted awhile. But I have used that alongside the small scissors. I'm wondering if I should get a battery operated one when this one goes?

I've actually considered using Just for Men to darken them up, but I've seen a few articles online that mention that the products can cause severe allergic reactions, rashes and burns after extended use.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To avoid developing allergic reactions or rashes, perhaps try getting a brow kit in a natural store. While a bit more expensive, you wouldn't have to worry about them as any products they carry would only be made of natural/organic sources.

BothWaysSecret likes this.
  5. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never heard of a natural store before. Is there any chains I could look for or are they all individually owned?

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is a store that sells products that are made form natural ingredients or derived naturally and/or are organically grown. Whole Foods Market, for example, could potentially carry dyes in their health and beauty care products section (Whole Body Department) that are made of natural ingredients. There could also be some local drugstores or pharmacies that might have something similar.

You could also try google and see if a local, independent store comes up. Some of the smaller stores will also sell things online, which might be a bit cheaper - depending on what they offer.

BothWaysSecret likes this.
  7. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, I'll have to check it out