1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experimenting with Toys

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Vanillaboy, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Vanillaboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I've never been one for bottoming, thought this is so not for me, it may be for some people but not for me. Recently, I decided to see why in adult movies, people always express pleasure and being with actual people has been slow and hard to do (and hasn't happened yet). So I bought one and I have to say I thought it would be painful at first but just minor discomfort, is this normal? Its not big, its what if you google average size you will come up with. But is it usually this easy. Is it worse with a real person and it really isn't that pleasurable either sure it feels a little nice but not to the level expressed in film.

#1 Vanillaboy, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    NotTooLoud likes this.
  2. ready2bout

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is definitely more pleasurable with a real person. The more lube you use the better the experience. Usually taking it slow in the beginning allows your bottom to also become wet and your partner can start thrusting faster and this is very enjoyable. I also use multiple varieties of dildos and the pleasure is good just not as good as the real thing. I prefer the ones that have suction cups on the bottom and you can use it in the shower. Hope you enjoy your experience with a real man. Gay sex is awesome!

maybgayguy likes this.
  3. Vanillaboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah having to use your hands to move it, is a bit of a buzz kill, my problem is my shower creaks like nothing so I am reluctant to use it in there, I attach it to a wall, though it is scuffing and staining my wall (the lube). Its very weird to think of myself as someone who uses a dildo but I guess that be me.

ready2bout likes this.
  4. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have discovered over time that I'm a top, and not really vers at all. I thought it was just inexperience, but I discovered that the feeling of a penis, or dildo, thrusting in me doesn't give me any pleasure at all. I do enjoy some prostate massage, but that's not the same as enjoying sex as a bottom. So, you might just consider that you're not a bottom after all. And that's ok.

NotTooLoud likes this.
  5. Vanillaboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Perhaps I'm not, but I think its a good thing that I wont have any fears in trying it if someone who I'm into wants me to bottom from time to time to make him happy.

6. Stig500

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I was young I would experiment with anything I could find around the house that remotely resembled a penis, this led to a lot of cleaning up after myself but also the absolute joy and pleasure it felt like left me in absolutely no doubt that I am a bottom. I now own several dildos and vibrators for those special alone moments and can say that I would never be without my special toys lol.

7. Vanillaboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I'm liking bottoming more now. It's either one or more of the following.

1. No condom on the toy (perhaps I need to find the right one)
    2. I had too much lube before (though I would guess that too little is alot worse and more dangerous)
    3. I am more relaxed about it and accepting that this is just something Im doing.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were to guess, I'd say it's probably primarily #3. The psychological aspect has a huge impact, as the ability to relax the inner sphincter is not really in conscious control. As you become more comfortable with that part of yourself, it becomes easier to relax into that and enjoy your experiences.

As far as lube... it's certainly possible to have too much, but it's more likely that would just be a big mess than it would meaningfully influence your enjoyment. And you're absolutely correct that too much is way better than too little.

Depending on the surface of the toy, the condom can make a difference as well.

9. Vanillaboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    the toy is "realistic" so its possible that the condom was dulling the details, though I picked up just any condoms so perhaps I need the right one. I used them for easy cleanup and while I would clean it if it felt better, since I can not go without it for the real thing best not to get into that habit and also find one that I can use when the time comes. I probably am getting a bigger one, the current one is 5.52" insertable (watch out for that when buying because an advertised 8" was somehow 5.75" insertable false advertising in my book)

#9 Vanillaboy, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  10. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bought a dildo recently and now I have dumped my BF, for good reason I experimented for the first time last night. Mine is supposed to be 8 inch dildo, not that I've measured it lol. It has a suction mold under the balls so after using it on the bed, I suctioned it to my wooden bedroom floor. I must admit a really enjoyed it and got some amazing sensation. I didn't plan on inserting it fully but it ended up fully inserted. At first I thought this is never gonna fit as I've only been topped by one guy, he didn't prep me and I didn't really enjoy the sex. I definitely recommend exporing. Just give yourself plenty of time, relax and enjoy. I'm a top and a bottom but enjoy oral and masturbation with a guy too. Oh it has batteries and different vibration settings. A few years ago when I was married to a woman I would never have considered using a dildo but wow, definitely worth a try.

NotTooLoud likes this.