1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single person, gender specific bathrooms

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LaurenSkye, Jun 29, 2019.

1. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There are a few places I've seen where they have bathrooms that are one person at a time, you go in and lock the door behind you, but the specify genders (one men's room, one women's room). But is there any reason why even a straight, cis-gendered person couldn't use the opposite sex bathroom? If you're the only person in there, does it really matter?

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly don’t think it matters. The women’s might have a baby changing table, or “feminine” products in it, but if there’s not a huge line, or relatively quiet, I don’t think it’d matter honestly. I know I saw a cis guy use the single stall women’s washroom when the men’s was occupied, and no one bothered with confronting him or anything (I believe they’ve changed them both to unisex now).

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see those around sometimes too. I don’t see why all single stall restrooms aren’t automatically unisex, it would make more sense that way wouldn’t it?

4. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It happens. It doesn’t matter. I’ve seen other guys do it when they’ve gotta go and there are no women around. I have too. I’d feel bad if I was leaving and a woman was standing there having to wait, (not embarrassed, because there isn’t something wrong about using the bathroom, just feel bad that I made her wait).

I’ve been at big events where there are lots of women and the lines to the women’s bathrooms are too long, and no line at the men’s room, and things are desperate enough the women start coming in to use the stalls. I just nod, showing it’s not a problem.
    Sometimes I’ve been places where the organizers cover over the gender signs, and declare the bathroom is for everyone.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's dumb. There have been times where the Men's is occupied and I've almost gone to the Woman's because I've really needed to go. But anxiety lol

6. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In some municipalities, building code requires restrooms to be labeled men and women if you have two separate rooms. It's super dumb. When I encounter these, I always use whichever one becomes available first.

7. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is very common in my area, especially gas stations. I haven't gotten any trouble from using the "wrong" gender bathroom. But the custom is so ingrained in my head that I'll often hold it rather than go into the other bathroom.

8. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Many will have both male and female listed on the door Or just say Family bathroom.

It is so fine to use the women's. I say this if you get upset over where someone goes the bathroom
    you need to rethink what makes you upset.

I say we are all worth love.

9. SimonSaid

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've seen those around. honestly if one is occupied I'll just use the other, and I've seen a lot of other people doing the same. There might be some minor differences like the people above mentioned, so that's one thing if you need feminine products or somethin (though I don't tend to see those in single restrooms), but generally I don't think it really matters

10. LadyLikeDream

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have been using Men washrooms most of my life and happily now using the women Washroom in the last several years it's one of the most valuable things that ever happened to me since i start transitioning and i thank Canada for that.

I'm going to tel you my honest opinion Yes there should be a separate washrooms for men and women
    The Men washrooms was a nightmare for me as i don't really feel much safe in it but this may has to do with my female feeling in the inside
    But if we want get further on what's really bothering the rest of women include myself about men share there washrooms is that "we" females we sit on the toilet so it has to be clean, we make sure that we clean after ourselves . if i hv ever experience anything it's minor

On the other hand the men washrooms, A Number of Men "Not a small number by any means" who likes to stand in front of toilet and spray everywhere on the toilet seat, some men they do clean after themselves but many other they don't , even if they do the toilet seat will still be smelly!
    for that reason people like myself and or other females who need to sit on the toilet we want make sure it's clean
    The final word if men keep the washrooms clean, women will complain less about about it.